Politics

Might come a time when moving to NZ might be a wise thing to do.

1 Like

I threaten to do that when John Howard won. Problem that it is cyclic in both places and in NZ it will be interesting to see how long Winston stays happy.

They are not thick, they are just extremely corrupt, Qld labor too. AP has been under the tableā€™d millions to try and get this up.

All the independent assessments say the jobs are more around 1500, with a 1/3 of those Automated within the first 10 years.

The Tesla thing is just a purchase and itā€™s the SA state government.

None of them are corrupt Benfti.

Incompetent and ridiculous, but allegations of corruption are not valid.

Not what Iā€™m hearing especially from the QLD labor party, from within too.

I have heard these things for years and while scum like Obeid and his mates were corrupt crooks, the level of scrutiny that all now go under is huge.

Even in Local Government, Councillors get accused of brown paper bags stuffed with cash being tossed around. Might have happened in the past, but the rules of accountability are very tough.

No doubt, some push the rules to the limit, and those who take high paying jobs after Parliament with miners etc, like Fergo are turds.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m taking about, expect to see AP in a Chris Judd role within Adani post politics (which should be very soon)

Agree with Bacchus (first time for everything:grin:).

The term corruption in politics is thrown around way too much. Sure there are exceptions but these days there is just far too much scrutiny for an Askin or a Hinze to get away with shenanigans.

Mostly its just a matter of politicians making a mistake or an error in judgement. They are humans and are not perfect. Sometimes the expectations on them are ridiculous.

How depressing was 4 Corners last night?

Not sure what was worse, me having to pay twice as much as what I am paying now to receive half as much download speed as what Iā€™m supposed to be getting in the first place on my current broadband plan or that poncy Kiwi humble-bragging about how awesome his internet speeds are in Auckland.

How did we go from K Ruddā€™s fibre to everywhere plan to this dogā€™s breakfast?

2 Likes

The wonders of democracy

We wouldnā€™t be having this problem if we were China.

4 Likes

You could actually be living as a peasant or in the slums in China and still have better internet.

I was scheduled to have FTTP in June 2014 :angry:

I might be forced onto Foxtel Cable (i.e. no change, except that said cable will become massively over-subscribed) by the end of next year.

Itā€™s a joke. A $50b joke.

Being tasked with ruining the NBN by A Abbott has been M Turnbullā€™s only discernible achievement whilst heā€™s been a serving member.

2 Likes

I feel your pain. FTTP NBN rollout was due to start in my area in October 2013. Unfortunately, in September, there was an election.

Four years later I can still only get adsl, only if I pay for a Telstra landline I donā€™t need, and even if I do, it stops working every time it rains. I cant even get cable, even if i pay for it, because my house is too far back from the road. Current estimate is that fttn rollout MIGHT start in my area some time in 2019, and god knows what extra hoops Iā€™ll have to jump through to actually connect TEH house upā€¦

Gee you lot complain. Our former PM had the following wise words on NBN - pay heed you lot:

ā€œDo we really want to invest $50 billion of hard earned taxpayers money in what is essentially a video entertainment system?ā€

• Press conference, 20 December, 2010

ā€œ[We] are absolutely confident that 25 megs is going to be enough, more than enough, for the average household.ā€

• Joint press conference, 9 April, 2013

ā€œAs far as Iā€™m concerned it is far more important to get the Pacific Highway duplicated than it is to spend $50 billion-plus doing what the private sector could easily do with vastly less money with the National Broadband Networkā€¦

And more here - https://www.computerworld.com.au/article/525840/his_own_words_tony_abbott_nbn/

2 Likes

I had FTTP in Ballarat and chose 50mbs and always had 45+ speeds. So good.

Moved to Seaford and Iā€™m on 5mbs at the moment with FTTC due 2019.

So archaic

If it makes you lot feel better, Iā€™ve had NBN 3 months - works well

Soā€¦sucks to be you lot.

Nuskope wireless.

Fudge your stupid NBN.

conservative boomers.

2 Likes