Politics

The government will throw everything at his electorate to get him over the line.

How the Fark did Canavon survive?

Strange that Joyce out and the other seven survive. Australia seems to be governed by strange laws and the Government needlessly fritters away money on silly issues like citizenship and SSM.

Except that most didnā€™t?

1 Like

4 of the 6 have been ruled ineligible.

1 Like

Hahaha EMPERICAL EVIDENCE is out.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re saying Nash is out too. What happened there?

The beauty of a process being used correctly and not abused to mask/obfuscate current government failings re the Buzzfeed tip off.

2 Likes

What? 5 of the 7 are gone.

Nash was in the same legal position as Joyce , inherited dual citizenship from her (Scottish) father. The trouble for the Nats is that a Liberal will take her NSW Senate seat and Nash might not get a chance to stand again until 2019.

1 Like

Apparently Windsor isnā€™t going to contest for New England. I hope a strong independent goes for it. Only chance of knocking the red buffoon off his perch.

1 Like

Hanson is apparently devastated by the high court decision. Only hours earlier she was laughing at suggestions Roberts would get the ā– ā– ā– ā– . Thatā€™s a bit of a window into her mind. Sheā€™s so cocksure of things that just ainā€™t so.

1 Like

She called him ā€œMalcom Robertsonā€ at one stage today. LOL.

7 Likes

Get the Fark out of here! She also said he was ā€œher rockā€ and cried. Seriously donā€™t understand what makes her tick.

2 Likes

Gleeson 1
Brandis 0

4 Likes

BORING.

Probably a good thing. Plenty of New Englanders donā€™t want him back after the coalition with Labor and the Greens.

I met with Barnaby once in his Canberra with a flock of other Mayors from our region. He was creepy and very weird. Labor was in power at the time and all he could say was " the Country is fu cked". He was Shadow Minister for Agriculture and we had lots to discuss, but he was just interested in telling us how farked we were.

He had two female assistants with him at the time, one was maybe 18-21, the other was maybe late twenties and both were reasonably attractive. Both wore white blouses that had buttons undone to reveal ample cleavage. Something seemed strange at the time, but we had so many meetings that day, it was never discussed.

I have known Pollies before who have really been over the line with female staffers, without any repercussions, maybe just maybe, times have changed and all will get revealed in a dirty by-election. I donā€™t know what is true about Barnaby, and Canberra is a place where truth is covered up and lies abound, one can only hope he gets what he deserves.

So, what happens from here if old Barnstorming loses the by-election? Does the GG have to dissolve it and call an election or can LNP team up with someone like PHON to get a majority?

Cathy McGowan will rejoin the Evil Empire

IIRC, McGowan, Starkie and Katter have signalled that they would not support a no-confidence motion or block supply . From Turnbullā€™s speech today, it seemed he had gotten their reassurance.
Katter tends to go with the government on most issues, but I suppose they could have more power at the margin to get compromises on bills.
Somehow I canā€™t see Joyce losing.