Politics

So, just when things are heating up, these clowns pack up and take a break?

It’s as though they don’t want to be in office anymore, it’s all too hard. FFS

“Brave, brave, Sir Robin”…

2 Likes

When’s the last time the government had a minority and just Plum decided not to sit in case the other guys got some policy through?

Not the other guys, it’s the Nats and Christiansen who have gone feral In the House

3 Likes

loool. why this made me laugh so much? :smiley: do you have some other similar steroids? :smiley: thanks for this btw!

Definitely a lot of steamed hams in parliament these days.

Thankyou Chishat,
This content and a steady stream of other stuff like it is available in the Facebook page ‘The Simpsons Against The Liberals’. Partisan obviously.

Other excellent Simpsons memes not related to auspol available at Rock Bottom on FB and Instagram.

what was the actual reason given for the break?

(I think it’s a delay, not a cancellation. Start later, finish later. I guess that also means they think all other laws and reviews are currently perfect and hence Parliament would be twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do.)

5 Likes

As far as I can tell it’s so that they can get the marriage equality bill through before Christmas. I’m not sure if anyone has informed them but the week they were suppose to resume was also before Christmas. In fact, it would give them even more time to resolve it! Dunno who that’s supposed to fool. Then, Turnbull has the audacity to say that Shorten questioning the delay was him trying to interfere with policy! Projection at its finest.

1 Like

Mr Turnbull delayed the sitting of Parliament by one week so that the Senate can look at the SSM legislation then pass it to the Lower house for consideration. If the Lower House reconvened at the same time as the Senate then the amount of time for the Lower House to debate the SSM Bill would be reduced by the number of days the Senate had it.

They will still be sitting for the same number of days no matter which day they start, they have simply delayed it to allow the Lower House to have as much time as possible to debate the Bill.

Not saying its right or wrong but the level of outrage in here is astounding.

1 Like

Lying boneless windbag.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It seems somewhat less contrived but still amazingly convenient. I’d still like to know how often delays of this nature occur.

I’m outraged that Turnbull hasn’t called a special sitting of parliament to adjust that ONE piece of legislation.
I’m sorry if that’s somehow obscure.

probably because it doesn’t really ever happen. for anything.

but it happened for SSM. not because of citizenship referrals or losing votes.

cool, thanks!

that makes some sort of sense…

1 Like

What I find interesting is the Turnbull talked to Shorten about this a couple of weeks ago to confirm it would be okay. Seems Shorten isn’t telling the truth either.

2 Likes

Quelle surprise!

But then, Shorten single-handedly was responsible for the SSM Yes vote (or behaved as if he was), despite not having lifted a finger to do it when his party was in power.

And then we realised why…the substantial majority of electorates who voted no are safe Labor electorates.

Cannot stand him. I’d rather Plibersek or Albanese.

3 Likes

SSM should have been done by the pollies