Politics

You mean, it’s our fault not his?! I’m shocked!

Shocked!

…Not that shocked.

1 Like

Murdoch.com.au is reporting it as a dangerous fracture between the PM and deputy. The writing has to be on the wall. Turnbull and the LIberals are tapping his shoulder and so is the MSM. The public are too but there’s daylight before that has any influence. Either Barn goes or he stays and this story is never going to go away which will hurt the government but not for the right reasons. If he does go then the Nats are going to tear themselves apart over the Lib influence on their false autonomy.

Only the Nationals can push him out.
Turnbull can’t really do anything.

I know. Libs are putting the pressure on for them to do it though which isn’t a healthy thing in a “coalition”.

Eventually everyone gets something right.

3 Likes

Must to time to plan a $100m+ postal survey to canvas whether the Kiwi beetroot should stay.

1 Like

“Truffles” Turnbull vs Barnaby “Beetrooter”. Shorten must be feeling lonely now that we have a new opposition leader.

Here is something I read by Tony Burke:

"Some of the most devastating questions asked this week were directed to Barnaby Joyce, and they showed how hopeless he is at doing the job he’s paid to do.

He was asked him about infrastructure in Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and the Northern Territory. His responses were inane.

Anthony Albonese then put Barnaby’s responses straight back to him with this question: “My question is to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure. I refer to his answers today in which he has defended Victoria receiving under 10 per cent of federal infrastructure funding by mentioning funds that have been reallocated; argued Inland Rail would benefit Tasmania; defended South Australia receiving two per cent of funds in his portfolio by talking about his colleague’s portfolio; and, on the northern roads program being not spent, he referred to the Nullarbor. Isn’t the Infrastructure Minister simply not up to the job that he has been appointed to?"

And this:

"Barnaby had denied he knew about his previous Department paying money to a business owned by the same man who is currently giving Barnaby Joyce a home rent-free. Mark Dreyfus then asked how Barnaby could be unaware given the money was for an event Barnaby attended in front of more than 80 witnesses.

Barnaby still claimed even though he was there that he didn’t know. And at one level, Barnaby is probably capable of that.

The Government’s policy response to housing affordability had gone from get rich parents to get rich mates."

Is that the same Burke who when minister promoted his staffer, flew her round the world then left his wife & kids for her? She is now his partner.

More front than Myer, Glass houses etc.

1 Like

I don’t know - which Burke is that?

Look, the comments I posted were entirely directed to Joyce’s Ministerial responsibilities, his credibility, and his compromised position (read corruption).

Why do you want to drag the conversation back to the gutter when neither I nor the posts I quoted mentioned personal issues?

1 Like

5 Likes

Turnbull’s statement was about the morality of Barnaby’s behaviour, which every other politician had avoided as a basis for criticism.

It was nearly 3 tears after she left Burkes office that it happened.

2 Likes

Like many people here, I don’t really care about his personal life and BJ’s philandering. What I do care about is probity and the blatant hypocrisy of his policy statements compared to how he lives his life.

2 Likes

A friend of mine sent me a link to a web site run by former journalist Larry Pickering. The link discussed Burke’s extramarital issues.
Must say the website was one of the slimiest pieces of work I have seen for a while.

Hoped he was dead.

1 Like
4 Likes

The Australian is running a story about Barnaby’s sus marginal farmland ownership that just happens to be sitting on a massive CSG deposit. They’re saying he promised to sell it 4 years ago when he admitted it was a conflict of interest but still owns it. If they’re running this in The Australian he’s gone. That’s the establishment saying “Time to go Barnaby. You don’t want to lose all of those ill gotten gains, do you?”

It seems that everyone knows he’s a gone except the man himself. Just a matter of time. He can’t continue.