Politics

Interesting that George Christensen is so against the rules that prohibit ministers sleeping with their staff. I’d have thought that, apart from plastic cuffs and chloroform, exercising his power would be the only way George would pull a root.

2 Likes

WA Nationals calling on Barn to call it a day. Come on Barnaby! Stick it out son! Keep going until you force everyone to line up on sides.

The WA nationals have no federal MPs. They’re about as politically relevant as the Toorak Communist Party.

Wake me up when some of the NSW or Qld Nats who rode into parliament on Joyce’s coattails turn on him. Until then, it means nothing.

LOL.

Lucky no one actually watches Sky News.

1 Like

True. The way I see it is they had the least to lose by going public. This is going to be a nice steady burn.

1 Like

Could of said this about the immigrant families post WWII. How many Greeks, Italians, Yugoslavians etc… speak the mother tongue at home after decades?

3 Likes

Could have, not of!

2 Likes

The immigration scheme in this country is just a Ponzi system in disguise…the reason our numbers are so high is so growth figures do not slow down and governments can say wow this wow that…

1 Like

It’s also so that tax rates and deficits don’t skyrocket, and the availability/quality of health & aged care don’t plummet, as the very large baby boomer demographic retires, stops paying income tax, and starts drawing pensions (and needing more & more expensive healthcare)

Someone’s gotta pay the taxes to pay for this stuff, and without immigration there just wouldn’t be enough people of working age to do that (although you could probably make a bit of a dent by cracking down on some of the more abuse-probe corporate tax avoidance loopholes)

2 Likes

I suspect our net immigration makes our national debt worse than it otherwise would have been. My reasoning being:

What do we import? Basically all our manufactured items. And they will just move in line with population…

What do we export? Natural resources. And they are independent of population, other than some energy and food being redirected domestically as the population grows…does the larger population lead to more services exports, hmm probably, but not enough to change my mind.

Put the two sides together, I’m leaning towards a higher national debt per capita due to immigration.

Barnaby… GAWWWWN.

Age story says Clive Palmer is running candidates in every federal electorate.

How about paying your workers their full entitlements, you miserable douchebag, instead of you and your nephew thinking a publicly listed company is your personal piggybank.

And after all his previous candidates arseholed him toot sweet, who is stupid enough to sign up with the beetroot-headed turd?

9 Likes

The latest contretemps between John Eren and Adem Semyurek is why I can never support the Labor Party.

Labor governments have been fine, and I’d be miles happier with an Andrews government than a Guy government, but all these factional warlords give me the screaming tomtits.

And with Kroger running the Vic Libs, my contempt crosses the floor.

Up against the wall with all the faceless men.

2 Likes

Don’t believe everything you read in the paper AN.

Adem is a douche bag and John Eren is OK, but both of them couldn’t knock the head off a beer. Don’t judge the Labor Party from either of these two or a report in news. Dan is doing a good job and he has them under control?

Michael McCormack is now leader of the NATs and deputy PM. Let me tell you about this “for the farmers” ■■■■■■■ delux.

We used to live in the Riverina, which is his seat. My wife was working for CSIRO at the time when the libs announced they were slashing csiro funding. We contacted out local memeber at the time with significant farmer support to get him to fight for the research station be kept. As it’s primary function was to monitor run off from fracking into the Murrumbidgee and it’s toxicity levels in the irrigation being used by farmers in the MIA and it’s effects on crops being grown there. We presented all the data to him and he said to our face “I’ll make sure the right thing is done here” 3 days later the site was shut down. Only one in region.

■■■■ that guy. I’d rather Barnaby

2 Likes

I’d also like to add that months later Deakin University tried to buy the site from CSIRO to re start the research and even though it was money going straight back into the community coffers and they “had no need for it anymore” this ■■■■ tried to block the sale.

Good news is it shut down and deakin bought the building next door and set it up again private. A few of th scientists got their jobs back. But a lot of good people doing good work could have been saved, and that is just an aside from the work they were doing that was protecting where 60% of the countries fresh produce comes from.

I legit hate that guy

1 Like

this bloke was responsible for the last census…a cracking success that was!

3 Likes

Hope you get to have a heart to heart chat before the next election.

1 Like

No doubt he’s devastated about losing your regular Liberal vote!
For mine he is not pandering to greenies and avoiding stereotypical left abuse. I’m liking him more by the minute.