Politics

What’s worse is, they slowly reduce what you’re covered for.

you might be thinking your policy is all inclusive but when you need to get a particular procedure done it’s not covered and you either gotta upgrade and wait it out, or pay cash.

Meanwhile they cover reiki, chiropractors and homeopathy…

1 Like

Health Insurance feels like a huge rort to me.
I resent paying $1000s a year for basically nothing.

1 Like

Whole lotta this.

Thought i may be able to claim some of the cost for skin checks, nope. but get me some witch doctoring, here have some money!

priorities people!

The poorest half of all retirees own less than 2% of all shares held directly. By contrast the wealthiest 40% of retirees own 97% of all shares held directly, and the wealthiest 20% alone own 86% of all shares. pic.twitter.com/ciIOIhy26P

— Brendan Coates (@BrendanCoates) March 20, 2018

But if the Greens were up on the same?

2 Likes

Yep learnt the hard way. $60K out of pocket for my operation and I had mid range cover.

1 Like

Ouch

I don’t want this to be too much of a sob story…my wife contracted cancer in 2012 and passed away at the end of 2014. We had comprehensive private health cover and thank god we did. All the tests and consultations (especially toward the end) would have financially broken me.

Sorry to hear that PipetoNul.
From your experience, what mix of Hospital & Extras cover would you recommend?
There is a school of thought that you should opt in for comprehensive hospital cover, but opt out of extras altogether as they are not cost-effective.

Oh God! Don’t ask me!!! Our cover is exactly as my wife left it. I am a 49 year old man with two sub 14 year old children who is currently covered for pregnancy and fertility.

Ha! Yep, I hear you. I started reviewing my HI this week. What a nightmare. You could spend months on product comparison & cost effectiveness.

Following the admirable Putins lead.

Or be like most Indian and Chinese owned small businesses in Australia and pay cash in hand wages at well below the award rate and no superannuation!

That’s awful mate.

I had the C too, and a rare one, but it cost me nothing really in the public system including stays for long periods at Peter Mac and access to top docs - just FWIW.

I reckon a few of these PC gone mad debates are people who are against the idea looking for words in the English language like “ombudsman” and staring it out so they can have something to complain about.

1 Like

Goes to show the excellent state of the Australian health system. To be honest, at the time I wasn’t really in a space to worry about Health Insurance and it was something my wife looked after. It was just when dealing with some of the bills later that I felt thankful that it wasn’t coming out of my pocket.

1 Like

I did my first election a very long time ago and have been closely involved for far too many, even the one coming up here in Victoria. Every sitting member from all parties use their electoral offices and staff for re-election.

My view is that if any Labor, Liberal, National, Greens, Sex Party etc etc broke the Law and did anything illegal, then they should be investigated by the Police and charged and off to Court.

Like all these so-called “Rorts”, the big issue is that the rules and regulations are so wishy-washy that while it may smell, it is not illegal. Many years ago when I saw some major excesses in the Cain Labor Government, I suggested a new set of rules that basically gave an MP a pot of money to run his office, all as part of his income. He then had to justify deductions to the ATO and not some Parliamentary Group of boffins who are employed by the people they investigate and try to make accountable.

As I always say, MPs reflect society and many try to bend the rules to advantage. I would just take away the easy options.

1 Like

Get a load of this ■■■■.

What was Bernardi’s stance on 18C and free speech?

7 Likes

Bernadi’s comments are political correctedness gone mad.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes