Poll: Replacement Captain for Jobe

Existing thread needs a poll, so here it is. Mods - are you able to merge this?

I didn't include Zaka or Hurley since they were dropped from the leadership group this year.

Goddard for mine, is a general around the ground and we need someone who is able to motivate and fire up the team.

Give it to Myers, will bring out his best.

Stanton

Fletcher

this ^^^^^^

After watching 360 I wouldnt be surprised if Bomber gives it to Heppel.

5142636-large.jpg

That's what I thought. But I think we need someone like Goddard who is not afraid to tell it like it is.

BJ for me

Same six nominees in an AFL/EFC poll sees Heppell leading with 65% of the vote…

Give it to Myers, will bring out his best.

Will have his work cut out for him trying to replace Watsons inside play already...I wouldn't burden him with the captaincy as well. Otherwise he would be my pick. He was the one alongside Jobe who sat down with Dempsey to tell him of his in-club suspension. That to me suggests he's up there in leadership group pecking order.

Someone else, someone else!

I'M SOMEONE ELSE!!

HE'S RIGHT!

I read somewhere that Myers had leadership potential and this one of the reasons we drafted him.

It might be the time to give him a chance to be the onfield leader in Jobes absence.

It could be the making of him.

Also the list of candidates above is better IMO than when the choices we had to when we put hille as captain during Lloyds injury.

Stanton for mine.  I value club loyalty and Stants has 200+ games with us.

Stanton...he's loyal and needs to be rewarded after his treatment a few season ago.

Stanton.

I just hope it's not some form of rotating replacement.

Heppell. Will be it after Jobe so why not start now.

Also not a fan of the idea of a rotating arrangement but wouldn't necessarily mind the idea of giving half of the games to one guy and then half to another, adjusting for circumstances as required.

Give it to old man Fletch.

Hmm,  in these days of democracy,  isnt it the players who decide who the captain is?

Of course the coach would make his recommendation,  I would think,  and it seems to be Dyson Heppel.

• Goddard is the right choice but isnt deserving
  • Stanton is the wrong choice but is derserving
  • Myers is a decent choice but this is his first year in the leadership group however he has massive leadership potential.
  • Heppell is the future captain however I think he is a little young and I don't want him to wind up like cotchin and should just focus on his football for now whilst Watson is out.