Poor Behaviour from St Kilda Player Jake Carlisle

Typical of a St Kilda Player

St Kilda recruit Jake Carlisle made ‘very poor decision’ as video shows him snorting white powder

Date October 22, 2015 - 9:55AM

Video reportedly shows Carlisle snorting white substance

A Current Affair has broadcast a video which apparently shows AFL player Jake Carlisle snorting a white power.

Jake Carlisle has admitted to a “very poor decision” after footage emerged of the AFL defender snorting a line of white powder on the day he was traded from Essendon to St Kilda.

“I have made a very poor decision and let people down and for that I am embarrassed and truly sorry,” Carlisle said in a statement released on Thursday morning.

“I am aware of footage being aired of me last night and I want to be up front and say that I made a mistake.”

Jake Carlisle during an Essendon recovery session at St Kilda Sea Baths. Photo: Pat Scala

The short clip was broadcast on Channel Nine’s A Current Affair on Wednesday evening, just hours after Carlisle’s move to the Saints was finalised in a complex three-way deal between Sydney, Essendon and the Saints.

The 10-second video was reportedly offered to media outlets at an asking price of between $10,000 and $20,000.

In the shaky, low-lit clip, a man in a blue shirt appears to snort a line of white powder off a table and then hold his nose.

A still shot of the video aired on A Current Affair.
A still shot of the video aired on A Current Affair.

Carlisle apparently filmed the clip himself and sent the video out via the social media application, Snapchat.

Videos sent through Snapchat can only be viewed once and cannot be saved, but a new feature means Snapchat users can replay one video per week.

It is believed the Snapchat video was filmed using another phone or tablet, and then leaked to the media.

On Wednesday, Carlisle’s move to St Kilda was confirmed in a complex trade deal.
On Wednesday, Carlisle’s move to St Kilda was confirmed in a complex trade deal. Photo: Getty Images

The 24-year-old is currently holidaying in the US, and has been posting photos of his travels regularly on Instagram.

Carlisle was one of the AFL’s biggest trade names this season after he decided to leave Essendon.

Reigning premiers Hawthorn had been in negotiations as recently as Tuesday, however his move to St Kilda on a four-year contract was confirmed on Wednesday afternoon.

The Essendon key defender told the club he wanted to leave at the end of the 2015 season.
The Essendon key defender told the club he wanted to leave at the end of the 2015 season. Photo: Getty Images

A Current Affair reported that Carlisle’s manager, Anthony McConville, had been contacted about the video on Tuesday.

It was also reported that Carlisle’s manager had not told St Kilda the video would be made public.

St Kilda’s communications and digital general manager Craig Rowston said on Wednesday night the club only found out about the existence of the video after the trade deal had been done on Wednesday afternoon. He first saw it on A Current Affair, he said.

“We first saw the ACA footage last night and we were not aware of it before the trade,” St Kilda Football Club tweeted on Thursday.

“We are in contact with Jake - who is in America - and his manager and expect to be in a position to comment further later today [Thursday],” the club said on Twitter.

In July, pictures of Gold Coast Suns player Harley Bennell emerged, showing him in a hotel room with lines of white powder. Bennell was dumped from the Suns’ playing list shortly after.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/st-kilda-recruit-jake-carlisle-made-very-poor-decision-as-video-shows-him-snorting-white-powder-20151021-gkf4w2.html#ixzz3pFMHjEu8

Glad he isn’t one of ours!!!

I will be upfront. After the videos out.

As this is about a non-Essendon player, shouldn’t this be in the Non Essendon section? He is St.Kilda rubbish…

Thought we may be a little above schadenfreude after the past years.

Dear StKilda, next time we have a wayward and ill disciplined player, please feel free to serenade him, offer a high paying contract, and hand us a nice pick, just in time to wear the can for it.

This isn’t a case of schadenfreude … the Saints are my second club and I hate to see them get screwed. But if you add up Jake Carlisle’s behaviour, his on-field outbursts, his continual sulking and now this self-made, self-propagated video, you can only reach the conclusion that the guy’s a total fwit.

Sorry, I think this is crap. For a start it’s tabloid news. Secondly, for any Essendon supporter to celebrate this is rank hypocrisy. Learned nothing, have you?

Sorry, I think this is crap. For a start it's tabloid news. Secondly, for any Essendon supporter to celebrate this is rank hypocrisy. Learned nothing, have you?

Tabloid news?
There’s a post on the AFL site

CarlisLOL indeed

Could this have been scripted any better?!?

yep, not celebrating as he will have to deal with a very poor decision, but the timing of it is gold

Sorry, I think this is crap. For a start it's tabloid news. Secondly, for any Essendon supporter to celebrate this is rank hypocrisy. Learned nothing, have you?

I agree that it’s tabloid news. And I really don’t care if a player knocks back a few lines in the off season, that’s his business. But you’d have to agree that his videoing himself and then posting it on-line suggests he’s a bit of a nuffy, wouldn’t you? As in, he’s just plain dumb. And surely we want less dummies at the club? (Not to mention dummy spitters).

Um, what mistake has he admitted?

Bad joke, or drugz?

I’m actually just really disappointed with it all, the fact that he was one of ours and the fact that he hasn’t grown up yet. Does he still not understand the internet? FFS

Richo will sort him out.

None of us should be celebrating this as its yet another example of the sleazy world that main stream media has become
People like the ■■■■ who sold this footage to Channel 9 know this & are keen to supply MSM the fodder to outrage joe public who relies on their twisted version of the world that is tarted up as the 6 o’clock news
The lesson I’ve learnt from the last three years is to never read a paper / watch a commercial news station
I refuse to watch Channel 9 full stop (except when the crickets on)
FWIW the only occasion Channel 9 brought the Footy Show to an early time slot was

when Wayne Carey was getting it on with Kellie Stephens
Had zero to do with sport but the sleaze factor sells
PS Haven’t watched the footy show since late 90’s so please don’t flame me !!

He’s apologised for the video and behaviour. Hmm, no mention of whether he actually took any drugs; no strikes.

Richo will snort him out.

Fixed