Port Review Thread

Most Blitzers have been screaming for this type of team set up for ages. Glad the coaches finally caught on to it.

3 Likes

It’s just those damn ‘red time’ goals (<5min to play). Six to two today I think. 24 pts. Even those red time goals up, and it would’ve been a 45-50 pt win. I don’t mind them conceeding them as the momentum of the game goes, but when the boys seem to switch off as soon as they see “25:00” on the clock, its so so frustrating.

7 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Changes vs Port - Round 4 - Time to “Pay the Fine”:

3 Likes

That first quarter was fantastic. Clearly a strong emotional response and I hope that gives them some confidence. Structurely looked better and if we hadn’t hadn’t butchered so much we should have won that by 7-8 goals.

4 Likes

Well, the script seems to be holding firm. What do we get next week?

I don’t think much more needs to be said… that performance needs to be the rule, not the exception.

1 Like

Myers repays the faith.

Did his job, in the top 10 best.

3 Likes

Pies were very very good vs the Crows. Would see them start slight favourites next week. That is a good thing for us!

Suck a bag of Kochs, Port Adelaide.

45 Likes

I called it the second after the loss last week. Essendonington.

Massive game next week. Will we be Jekkyl or Hyde?

3 Likes

Gray had 39? I would have guessed mid 20s.

Much better effort and commitment to the ball. People playing in their natural positions makes a huge difference.

2 Likes

Myers, Stringer and Hooker all looked like they belonged where they were playing.

2 Likes

Hooker back was a win.

Love the way he uses his size to block space and wait for an appropriate handball recieve. He calms everyone down.

16 Likes

All too true. Myers saved his career today I think.

3 Likes

People feel vindicated about stringer forward and hooker back because we won today. We’ll never know but reckon we would have won regardless as we played against witches’ hats today. Still the same senior players making some horrid turnovers under no pressure consistently.

We’ve gone backwards this season - just hope it’s a case of 2 steps back and one step forward.

#gloomer

2 Likes

Guelfi is hot

3 Likes

There was an appropriate amount of pressure applied to port adelaide today.

Every damn week now, lads.

11 Likes

WE WON BIATCHES!

2 Likes

Reckon Begley is in a bit of trouble though - re. holding his spot. If they feel they need to boost the defence still, and Ambrose comes back. Also Hartley has leapt ahead of Brown IMO too in selection pecking order.

Oh nos , hooker back , jd stringer and stewart forward , whod havr thunk it hey ???

Not those pesky negatuve , pessimistic morons hey ??? Nah they are only happy when we lpse right ?? And never havr anything positive to throw out there.

But yeah just luxky we have some super awesome coaches who can dins this out, seeing no one else had the forsight…

Eight aboods , pretty good decision hey wasnt ir , esp coming from a moron hey :wink: