Port Review Thread

What do you think about stringer launching it into the top deck instead of giving it off to gwelfi?

Ambrose for Hartley next week IMO.

Yes, he completely undid what I said about that earlier goal. Well spotted.

1 Like

I thought Hartley was great TBH. Maybe I don’t have supporters in that line of thought, but certainly provides more ‘intercept’ than Brown. Ambrose provides another bigger body, which will still need, despite Hooker going back. Allows Hurley to push up a bit more.

10 Likes

fantasy doesnt equal best…but yesn
much better.

Reckon it’s time to wind the clock back to the 1960s, and stop counting handballs. Tom Mitchell gets about 4 kicks a week and 62 handballs.

4 Likes

Actually makes me more annoyed.

When he’s fit and in touch, he is good enough to be in our 22 on merit. He’s just absolute rubbish if he’s carrying injuries, or first game back.

enjoyable win. simply by being harder at it and straightned up with hooker back.
Zmerrett getting great touches was fantastic too.

im still very concerned about Robbie Gray’s impact.

next game Treloar,Sidebottom,Pendlebury and grundy. just works on my.mind. we will be underdogs and that probably suits the sides mindset.

I think Fantasia is now about due for a big game. looked almost up to speed.

And Stewart and Stringer. we should be going through those two all the time.

1 Like

No. Nothing to do with winning and everything to do with looking like they knew what they were doing. Stringer in particular looked much more comfortable, our backline looked more comfortable with Hooker in it.
Heppell disposal was woeful, but he played like a leader, set the tone. Goddard had a few clangers but also steadied the ship at times.
Daniher had an ordinary third but the rest was ok and a lovely shepherd for a goal by someone.
In fact there was quite a few good shepherds today that I haven’t seen in ages.

4 Likes

A good performance. I don’t think we learned anything new. We fluctuate between good and embarrassing each week. The test is in the next 5 matches to see if we have the professionalism to work hard every week.

6 Likes

Port was completely stifled in their ball movement. So often they had no option other than to kick it long down line.

Obviously we vastly improved that aspect of our game today.

We still make wayyyyyy too many errors though and senior players also for the most part

2 Likes

He was played in the right position.

So, is this our best 22 structurally aside from Gleeson and probably Irish?

It’s all above the shoulders. No reason why we can’t bring that pressure every week. No matter your skill level everyone is capable of laying a tackle and doing the little things.

13 Likes

That should have been a 10 goal win. Far too many lapses to be a side that’s taken seriously in a finals campaign.

I loved the addition of guelfi, Devon exerts so much effort to cover zaka and hepp in terms of running back to defence.

8 Likes

Guelfi was terrific in his first game…well done kid

12 Likes

PORT ARE OUR B*ITCHES.

It’s nice, we haven’t had a b*itch for a while.

8 Likes

How hard were the umps trying to bring them back in the third

■■■■■■■ ■■■■■

7 Likes

Port were dead ordinary, and we brought every ounce of pressure we had to bring.

Not one to get too carried away with, but a very pleasing win with some very pleasing signs.

3 Likes

Celebratory sherry or 2 DNP? Try a shot of humility, we all won today.

7 Likes