Post Game - Round 1

Hocking shut down wells.

Hooker shut out Petrie Dish.
THANK YOU MR HOOKER.

Petrie doesn't play well against the top sides.

How good shape is our list in when mid way through the 3rd, we don't even have to use the sub because of how well everyone is playing. I was sitting there thinking who we might sub out, if not for a "knock" Gleason could have definitely kept playing. But when we do sub, Zach comes on and tears it up. Farking pumped.

I actually saw Gleeson pull up sharply from kicking the ball, when no one was near him - immediately tested out the calf, and then came off at his own initiative. Must be some doubt for next week, but Dempsey will be right won't he?

God Hardingham is frustrating to watch, 3 of his first 4 kicks where clangers. ends up snagging two goals and shuts out Thomas in the last qtr and a bit.

Seriously what the fark happenes in his mind between his outstanding bits of play, compared to his absolute deplorable bits, within a matter of seconds, let alone minutes.

Man that guy cracks me up. I like him in the side for lols. Just as you're thinking 'This guy has to go,' he does something amazing.

Somehow, he seems to be responsible for saving / setting up / kicking just a few more goals than he costs us.    

Watching Hardingham in any given match is like riding a rollercoaster. The bloke is a serious enigma.

He has some really special attributes and then he will go and kick the footy like he is Ray Charles.

I think I'll be able to handle Goddard and Chapman having a "who's the best recruit" goal kicking competition for the next two years.

How good shape is our list in when mid way through the 3rd, we don't even have to use the sub because of how well everyone is playing. I was sitting there thinking who we might sub out, if not for a "knock" Gleason could have definitely kept playing. But when we do sub, Zach comes on and tears it up. Farking pumped.

I actually saw Gleeson pull up sharply from kicking the ball, when no one was near him - immediately tested out the calf, and then came off at his own initiative. Must be some doubt for next week, but Dempsey will be right won't he?

Bomber said it was just a lot of cramp.

Watching Hardingham in any given match is like riding a rollercoaster. The bloke is a serious enigma.

He has some really special attributes and then he will go and kick the footy like he is Ray Charles.

like. actual LOL.

Bomber said it was just a lot of cramp.

Oh okay, I guess we won't really know until monday, but I guess the main point I was making was bar injuries, no one deserved to be subbed off. I mean, how many times did that happen last year? Not very many if at all, from my memory. 

Wrote in another thread end score would be 90 to 67 was so close…also a sneaky 10 on chappy for first goal was worth it… Lots of love in the stands for chap tonight.

Bags destroyed Harvey, especially in the first half he was fierce. Our best small backman since MJ

RE: Hardingham, like someone on here once said. "Everytime he gets the ball he will either do something amazing, or hilarious." Wish I could remember who, for proper credit. 

What a difference a win makes, but theres a long way to go, so lets keep it real.

Shut up man, give us five minutes to enjoy a win! And a good solid win. 

Sorry Zimmer! :)

Yeh bags was great I didn’t even know Harvey was playing until he got a touch in the second quarter.

Very very hard to find fault with any individual. Gleeson and Zerrett 25 disposals between them, Benny reminding a few forgetful people why he‘s in the team, Hurley bossing down back and spearing zingers forward, Jobe just a few months away from his next Brownlow, Heppell quietly racks up 37 disposals, the two big fish kick seven goals between them…

kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick! Not sure if that works against Hawthorn next week, but it was a sweet demolition of a stupid team.

Thank (insert daiety of your choice) for that!!! We can start talking footy again! Honestly didn't give us much chance tonight - with all the hype and chest-beating about the Roos, and with all the off-field krap this week, as well as I wasn't sure how the forward line would function. Not getting carried away, but things looked good. Admittedly the Roos looked rusty and timid, but a lot of that was due to the Dons pressure at the contests, which I thought was first-rate.

We can harp on about General Jobe and Chappy and Goddard etc. but I thought the kids looked really good - Gleeson, Merrett and Ambrose. Kudos to Bomber for having the guts to select all these guys at once in a crunch game. Ambrose really has some presence up forward I think. Could be handy in the years ahead. Baguley appears to have worked incredibly hard on the track too in the off season. His body shape has changed - a lot leaner and seems more balanced through the core. I thought he was very good tonight also.

I had a shocker of a drive in there tonight - but glad my drive from hell was worthwhile!

First off, i must apologise for anyone sitting in my vicinity- when Ambrose took that mark and got smashed, then somehow the free was paid against him.....I lost of sembelance of control and went full retard.

That was a awesome performance. I can't think of one player who played badly. I reckon at least 3 of their goals were free direct errors on our part.

When we play direct quick footy, we are just awesome

Thought the whole backline was fantastic. Hooker DESTROYED Petrie, if Hurls keeps on playing like that he can have any type of hairstyle he wants. Just a great effort.

Our press/pressure was top notch.

Jobe: was awesome

Stants: very good, took one really strong mark in defensive 50 as i guy was coming right at him

Chappy: really don't know what to say, just supreme

Goddard: just so clean with the ball

HIbberd: Got beaten my Thomas, but gave us immense drive out of the backline

JOE: He is going to be scary good, some of those pack marks he took....... the one running back with the flight of the ball :o

Paddy: If Paddy can bring that kind of intensity each week and work rate, he is going to have a ripper season. Really controlled the middle

Hocking: Shut down Wells

All the debutants really showed something. Ambrose reminds me soo much of Pears just his build/look etc. Love his aggression

To have such a good win, with 3 guys playing their first game........there are no words

Bumped into Bellchambers before the game, said he would be right for Anzac Day. He does look like he has lost a bit of weight though

Saw Joe Misiti walking out after the game with his son, looked pretty happy :)

Oh and our forward line functioned pretty well imo.

Did someone say Norf were a top 4 side hhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

Enjoyed the game a lot. Its a bit hard to know what to take away in some ways - is North really that rubbish or did we make them look like it? I just had a feeling there was a lot of the game where other than Watson, Heppell and Goddard we were in second gear. Like if we really needed it, Zaha, Stants, Myers and others could have lifted. And missing Belly, Winders, Dempsey and Melksham.
The youngsters were really impressive with the surprise being Ambrose. 6 tackles wasn’t it? Could he actually be a version of Davey where it’s ok to put it on his head! :slight_smile: Fletcher was talking about how he goes and goes since he’d been playing on him in the preseason. Gleeson was very cool and just moved through traffic sublimely. Good decisions too. Zerrett on for 15 odd minutes and gets 11 solid possessions. His brother took it to a new level - if that is his performance week in week out then Kav, Hams et al are going to struggle to break into the side.
The defence was rock solid although I shuddered when Hardy went back. Yes, I know he stopped Thomas marking, still don’t want him anywhere near the backline. Hurley and Hooker out-marked and dominated their opponents, Bags did his usual trick of disappearing and taking his opponent with him, and probably Hibberd was the main one out-played. He would be annoyed at the three goals kicked on him from marks - usually he is the one doing the marking. But 60 points - guys, take a bow.
The forward line was ok. Carlisle grew into the match and role as the game progressed. Daniher is young but showed damn good signs. He’s going to be a monster in a season or two. Hardy was useful, Ambrose applied pressure, Chappy was brilliant. The Goddard/Watson show paid a lo of dividends. I think give Daniher and Carlisle more game time together and they will cause a lot of opposition defences headaches. Still angry about Ambrose’s great mark in the first quarter being over-turned for a ridiculous push which resulted in their second goal.
Overall, lots of fun, good signs, and hopefully that was only second gear since that would be a great omen for the rest of the season!

Captain Petrie with a whopping 3 disposals to go with his 0 goals. What a freakin WIN! I want bald Chapman babies.

Did not see that coming.

Great start to the weekend.

Oh yeah, that Gleeson kid is going to be amazing in about 2-3 yrs.

How ■■■■■■■ good ?