Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

It’s still sinking in what an historic win that was.

As a supporter, we have been through hell and been praying that there would be a silver lining amongst it all.

Beating the hawks in round 1 was amazing and Anzac Day earns some respect but like most of our wins we weren’t convincing for 4qtrs and there were doubts about our game plan, whether we had the legs, etc.

Last night was the stuff dreams are made of, it showed what’s possible when we back each other, that it’s all coming together, for the first time in 15 years we can bury sides.

We have bonafide elite star players, we have a top notch fwd line, super quick rebounding defense, elite foot skills through the midfield, hard tacklers all over the ground, and we capitalize on their mistakes.

We have a coach who has us playing to the best of our ability, a good distribution of mature vs enthusiastic youth, and a bunch of blokes who love playing for each other.

Think how hungry our reserves will be to get into this team now?

Gonna be an exciting few years!!

10 Likes

all your tarps are belong to us.

8 Likes

Oh please. Did you expect the club to be celebrated for booing Paddy? I didn’t boo, but I still hold a grudge against Ryder and understand why some of our supporters did boo. You could say we love nothing better than to sink the boots into Ryder.

I wouldn’t bring logic into this team

5 Likes

They never stop stop stop
Til they plop plop plop
They’re so constipated…

2 Likes

No but i don’t expect the media to make an issue of when I watch most games and find that most clubs supporters boo their ex-team member. Why did they highlight it last night of all nights?

1 Like

Yeah good point.

But the self fulfilling prophecy of being better in the 2nd half of the year I believe will come to fruition.

Parish will replace Benny.
Langford may replace Myers, although Myers inside blocking does really allow for our smaller brigade to get out of congestion with some space.

Langford performing in the ones as he is currently in the twos would be amazing.

1 Like

I gathered from the way the players were spending time with Paddy post game there was no resentment from them almost to the point that they understood it wasn’t him that wanted to leave.

But I was super happy to watch Belly beat Paddy in the around the ground stuff where Paddy revels. We have a good ruckman. Keep it going T-Bell

4 Likes

That was the best Essendon performance in ages.

5 Likes

Rhymes with fupplement faga

1 Like

Was not one mention of booing on the ABC call, …they just talk about the football, … oh, and there’s no tools like Darce there either.

5 Likes

After he corrected them twice.

Booing commentary is just the media trying to ■■■■ on our parade as usual. We didn’t boo Hibbo or Melk, if they had any sense of balance they’d know we aren’t booing him just for leaving

1 Like

I never like Koch, he is a smart ■■■■. Thinks he knows everything. Arrogant prick. For Ryder, I don’t blame supporters in booing him. He did Essendon over.

6 Likes

I agree we should have won by at least 100 points. We missed so many easy chances in the last half it was no joke.

1 Like

What did we get for trading Ryder again?

Cooney and Giles.

It was Picks 17(Langford) and 37(Cooney)

3 Likes

So barely a first round pick and some change, for a guy whose contract wasn’t finished and picked his destination club himself.

Boooooooooo!!

7 Likes

Fixed.

23 Likes