Post Port Honour Conor Review Thread

I had a multi with us and the Lions

11 Likes

I think port were pretty weak. We canā€™t expect to get such easy access to the corridor from Sydney. Canā€™t wait for the Sydney game. Got tickets for the members organized

2 Likes

1 Like

Thatā€™s a spicy meat-a-ball!

1 Like

Thought exactly the same after my hung over replay experience this arvo.

I thought kicking to a contest resulted in a nullifying of itā€™s ability to be judged, or maybe it just seemed like that.

case in point if players kick it to green and the ball is spoiled to the ground, itā€™s not registered as a disposal that rates a judgement

Anyway as bomber thompson said, stats are just one persons interpretation of the effectiveness of ones play.

ala a player can run at 100% DE if he merely kicks it long to a contest all the time, however if he misses a free player 20 meters on his own, does it ultimately make it an effective disposal.

or you could shank every kick, miss your intended target everytime, but if it lands in an essendon players hands, again you get 100% efficiency.

Sure did! I put it on with Sportsbet and was paid out after the 1st 10 minutes (with the 24+ leading at any stage special)!

How did Stabby the Rabbit get a million dollars?

Well, I started off with 2 million and tried to make a living playing the guitar.

9 Likes

Itā€™s bordering on criminal how open port left the corridor. Unlike the tigers a couple of weeks ago they took us lightly and didnā€™t set the ground up well.

That said that was the best use of handball to clear a contest that Iā€™ve seen from an essendon ever. Fantastic to see.

Iā€™m not going to be full lid off until we beat a good side who jams the corridor shut. We havenā€™t done it yet.

Sydney will be a good test next week but we are kidding ourselves if we think weā€™ll just roll over the likes of the saints and norf in the second half half of the year. At least one of those games will be an arm wrestle with a clogged up corridor.

Still, its impossible not to be excited by our best football and last night was our most sustained exhibition of it. We can legitimately lay claim to having one of the best forward groups in the comp which is outstanding when you consider where weā€™ve come from and how quickly itā€™s come together.

7 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if we are heavily put away by the swans. In fact, I think we are a big chance to knock them off. I think we usually play well at the SCG, although we have had some narrow defeats over the years. I actually rate the Swans, but I think we are due to role over an interstate team.

Saints roll us in recent history.

The test will be that Hurley has to play on buddy which will probably reduce his attacking influence

1 Like

So does nearly everyone else.

Estonia is being really slow on this game, and itā€™s starting to make me grumpyā€¦

Try this site;

http://efc.16mb.com

1 Like

Farking brilliant.
Mucho gracious.

1 Like

Reckon Basil would like his time again at 3:36

4 Likes

Richoā€™s 40 something lament was pretty good stuff. Made me laugh.

Could play the 1st qtr on an endless loop.

Speed Kills.

2 Likes

To be clear after Joe did that weird celebration the still shows. Not the best commentator, or even special comments guy, but good light relief sometimes. Surround him with some decent callers.