Potential Future Captain

Heppell, for all the reasons that have already been posted.

Heppell really stepped up this year on field and hes great on camera best panelist from ess on footy show since James hird. If melksham continues his rich vein of form I’d be happy for him to be vc with Hurley still in leadership group.

Myers or Hepp

Heppell

If Hurley played his crash and bash style without the injuries I think the spot would be his.

Still to early to say. No real stand outs for mine.

Zaharakis will probably be the best credentialled as far as individual achievements go by the time Watson hands over the reigns, and they might give it to him for that reason, but I agree with others in thinking he isn't captain material.

Melksham.

This kid has ability AND leadership potential. Has taken a big step this year. Look out!

Yes, i've been a critic, but he has swung me this season. Just kept on working.

Heppell - TD style captain in the making

… or maybe Myers, as the more intense GOD type

Daniher.

Melksham

Hurley: a great enforcer and plays with more heart than anyone else.

Melksham.

This kid has ability AND leadership potential. Has taken a big step this year. Look out!

Yes, i've been a critic, but he has swung me this season. Just kept on working.

+ 1

Melksham, we're going to need a boxer to take us through the next generation, plus has a bit of the young Hirdness about him, big marks, reliable to kick tight goals from amazing places.

Then Heppell, Heppell way too young, will still be in 3 years, let him get to 27. You want Heppell focusing on his footy up until 27, because he's going to be a superstar.