Practice match v Dees Casey Fields Friday 21 Feb 2020 @ 2pm

Just from the highlights his set shot routine looked better. Better run up and more balanced on release.

Just some of the little things we’d been working on together :stuck_out_tongue:

Traffic was shocking

1 Like

and he’s a cutie. :slightly_smiling_face:

OH the man I think will shine this year kicking 3, reserves or not it’s a game and he’ll be better for the run

Thanks @nackers. I’ve seen him do that against smaller vfl opponents so wasn’t sure if it was just what he does there or if there is significant improvement. I’m hoping for the latter as I think he will get some good chances. So should Jones. Small highlights of him look great considering how skinny he is

2 Likes
5 Likes

Excellent illustration. Ta.

I look forward to seeing it. It seemed like the players were keeping away from your flank position during the first half. I kept waiting for somebody (or you) to climb that ladder and take up a position on the roof. Didn’t seem to be much crowd atmosphere. I enjoyed the question from the child who wanted a kid to jump the fence and play to help the Bombers.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, winning isn’t everything.

Regardless of whether plan A is working then after a while you switch to plan B to see if it can work, then plan C, etc,
Trial some players in different positions, make sure you let the other team win some taps etc to test out your defense, try different set ups at stoppages etc.
It’s nice if all your plans work out but it’s also good to learn that what worked in theory didn’t work against real opposition.
Sounds like yesterday was a bit of a mismatch but we still got a fair bit out of it.

1 Like

Epically intense and embarrassing.

1 Like

Noted. Maybe best just to avoid. I’d never be in there while a game was being played anyway.

1 Like

At this stage of our clubs evolution, we should be stepping on the field wanting to win regardless of what’s at stake. End of story.

8 Likes

No more posts. Benfti has spoken.

Yeah . Where is McQuillan at? Injured?

Saw him watching the game with Hibberd and Johnson. Looked fine to eye test when walking around but just not playing

1 Like

Did the way we play look different was it more of a contested fwd half press type footy? because James Kelly said post match yesterday that our game plan hasn’t changed that much Shiel said something similar on radio the other week this has me a little concerned a bit.

All coaches and players interviewed so far say the game plan hasn’t changed, but there’s been a bit of tinkering with team defence and ball movement. However, god forbid if we start winning, the media & armchair experts will notice an enormous change to the brand, which was long overdue and just what they’d been demanding since forever because it was so obvious.

8 Likes

Ha ha , . so true. You can take that to the Bank!! :+1:

if there’s been a bit of tinkering then doesn’t that imply change ?

wouldn’t it be like saying if you’re rebuilding a car and you say we haven’t changed anything about it, just tinkered a lil and put a new engine, new steering new blah blah.

the obvious is of course they aren’t going to say things have changed dramatically ( whether they have or not who knows).

maybe they haven’t changed, maybe the coaches have gotten the message across better, and they will pick players better suited to implementing the gameplan.

guess we are gonna find out very soon one way or the other.

1 Like

on the game itself, it is what it is, hopefully it’s a first step to realising what they want to implement works if you well implement it better or to the coaches specifications.

I’m sure someone on here in the soccer threads used to say Fergie would pick their first practice match against a real minnow every pre season just to get the guys in a good mindset, get them enjoying implementing the gamestyle etc etc.

I’m guessing that’s what yesterday was about. neither side was anywhere near full strength, esp melbourne, but i guess it was a good exercise to get them to see the results of what constant pressure the top sides bring most of the time, will achieve, no matter what the opposition.

1 Like