The Game Day Thread Graph

I made a rash promise today. So here we go… a graph of today’s Match Day thread.

I went through all posts and assigned them as positive about us, negative about us, neutral, or anger (vs GWS, the AFL, maybe even the umpiring). “Sentiment” is positive posts minus negative posts, and relatively well follows the margin of the time.

(The timing of scoring, especially behinds, is approximated at times. No one ever gives the damn score in the non-VFL threads.)

The funny bit is when we unite: the red anger line goes vertical and even the gloomers are distracted from their glooming.

YOU MAY OR MAY NOT NEED TO CLICK ON THE GRAPH TO SEE IT ALL.

50 Likes

I’m never doing this again. That was a painfully slow process.

6 Likes

I’m amazed you did it this time… Bravo sir.

3 Likes

I appreciate the effort!

3 Likes

They must be post numbers through the middle yeah?

Thought it was a time line for a sec…

Yeah, I should have removed that, only had them there so I could position the quotes. Whatevs.

Just brilliant

4 Likes

Even when we were leading the sentiment line only gets very slightly into the positive side.

Although clearly this doesn’t take into account how much pleasure the gloomers get out of bagging our players - so a lot of those negative comments are actually positives for them.

4 Likes

This is the greatest thing.

3 Likes

The analyst in me just got firm.

This is a thorough and defensible piece of work.

1 Like

Interesting that the “sentiment” line correlates so closely to the score line. You could infer that as supporters we cut the team no slack for the events of the last 4 years and rate them entirely in results.

Pls do a comparison of match day threads from last year to see if this trend holds. Ta.

1 Like

Plug it straight in to Adwords?

Anger almost off the chart by the end of the game. Lift next time Blitz.

2 Likes

brilliant

4 Likes

Next level nerdism.

6 Likes

Far out that’s a fine piece of work, DJR!!!

2 Likes

Legend DJR

1 Like

Enjoyable reliving the game through the graph - sort of.
Super work DJR

1 Like

I love the point where Negativity, Positivity and Anger all intersect when we surrender the lead. You can pin point the time it would’ve been appropriate to post itshappeningisntit.gif

4 Likes

Hahaha I like the fact I was directly quoted.

1 Like