Practice match v Dees Casey Fields Friday 21 Feb 2020 @ 2pm

FWIW, that Geoff Ablett is accused of pocketing $330,000.

Fark Hawthorn.

1 Like

At least double that

1 Like

Nah.
Melbourne play their first Marsh series game the day after, We play our first Marsh series game a week later.
So this game on Friday will be between the 2 clubs AFL depth players, and new recruits, with a sprinkling of VFL players…

No reason at all for a meltdown on Blitz.

Now the Marsh Series game against West Coke. Thats a completely different ballgame. Expect trenchant criticism on Blitz if Zaka doesn’t bust his gut, rack up 35 disposals, and kick 4 off the half back flank, amid cries of when is Conor coming back?

1 Like

The issue for me will be not knowing the numbers of the vfl players. I’ll be ok with most of the senior listed guys (who I presume will wear their normal numbers), and a fair few of last year’s vfl guys. Buy what about Lockyer and the 2 x WA guys trying out for the last list spot, and any new vfl guys?
Would it be possible @Paul_Cousins to provide a list of players and maybe even jumper numbers for the day? Either handed out at the game, or easier, online on the club website.

Will there be any live coverage? Radio/TV/etc.

I’m not sure if I’ll be going or not @HarryJay but if I do and manage to get a playing list with numbers I’ll post it on here. No idea if the club will be providing any of that info or if there’ll be any broadcast, those questions are well above my pay grade these days sorry, particularly as this is more an AFL practice match that will feature some VFL players than the other way around I believe.

6 Likes

I shall do what I can @theDJR

@Benny40 the final list cuts haven’t been made at VFL level yet, that will happen in the coming weeks and after they are the club will no doubt put out details on our list.

4 Likes

Nigel sighting, @Paul_Cousins?

Not sure sorry mate, have to wait and see!

1 Like

Are you new to Blitz? Since when does common sense change things?

Not fussed at all about this game.

Just want whoever plays gets a decent hit out and not get injured. And I’ll be happy to see any highlights of good play by the newbies.

2 Likes

so if we get hammered in our preasoson games should we be worried again like lsat year and the year before?

1 Like

SPOILER ALERT

Yes.

We’re never behind the 8 ball. Just timing our run to be cherry ripe at the point end of the season. Etc.

So who’s actually going?

don’t stress guys, this is only JLT 27

1 Like

:raising_hand_woman: yo

1 Like

I’m hoping to go, it depends how much I have to do on Friday as I don’t get back from NZ until Thursday afternoon.

I may have to practice a bit of sweet talking as well.

3 Likes

Aren’t you already sweet talking in NZ?

Not yet.

There’s actually a bit of science to it. Sometime Thursday night I’ll casually mention something along the lines of ‘it doesn’t look like there’s too much on tomorrow (which there is unfortunately), there’s a practice match I might go and watch.’

The timing is the crucial part, too early and or too late and she’ll stress about things that have to be done.

And also of course making sure she doesn’t read this.

24 Likes