Practice match vs Fark Carlton - Thursday 25 Feb 2021 @ 11am - no entry, live stream

didn’t think of that, assuming as it’s a practice match as opposed to a JLT game those trying out for list spots could play.

or have they been able to in prior JLT series and I haven’t paid attention?

FarkCarlton

7 Likes

I for one will be in full practice mode. no work and a slab, warming my fingers up for the match day thread

21 Likes

When is the next main training session? Monday or Tuesday?

Tuesday

Waiting for your report Neil.

WSPHU

4 Likes

start brushing up that keyboard buddy, its time for a truth thread before the season’s started.

1 Like

Hey @CJohns
Apparently I have been kicked off the Lunchtime podcast Group on Facebook by Grant Heale for asking an honest question and being critical of something the club is doing with the airing of the Practice match against Carlton at Ikon Park.

I didn’t abuse anyone and wasn’t rude and if you look at the amount of people who actually agreed with me I made a valid point. Like the one I made above.
I have been a member on here for years but don’t post all that often.
I actually listen (used to as i have now been removed) to your pod cast quite frequently. I wasn’t a patreon but heck not everyone is and liked what you and Grant post but if this is the way you treat supporters who are critical at certain aspects of the way the club has been run you both really need to look at how the club has been run since 2000 and realise why a certain percentage of supporters are no longer signing up, until they see improvement.
I am quite astonishes that you have both sunk to this low.

3 Likes

What was the question?

1 Like

Michael I can’t speak for the podcasters but I did read your FB posts. You’re one of the people who have decided to stop buying a membership until we become successful again. And then complain when the club which you refuse to help doesn’t give you something for nothing.

Should we all do as you’ve done? Stop with the memberships until, somehow with the limited remaining resources, the club wins a flag? How do you expect that to play out exactly?

27 Likes

Take it to the Zaharakis thread…

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve given the club money since 2016.
I couldn’t see it as support anymore, I saw it as enabling.
And I haven’t changed my mind because I suddenly think we’ll be playing finals, I think we’re a real chance to be bottom four and almost certainly bottom eight.

3 Likes

Yeah mate your posts on there haven’t been very positive so i see why you were kicked.

Maybe don’t complain about not getting access to a stream if you don’t buy a membership

1 Like

There’s that point of view.

But there’s also another and IMO it’s equally valid.

I’ve not renewed my membership for the past two years because I’m appalled at how the club is being run. And honestly I truly believe it’s the only thing that will make them sit up and take notice.

Does that make me less passionate than you?
I don’t think so. My reasoning is that you can’t keep doing the same thing and then complaining when you get the same result. And I’ve been complaining a lot.

Buying a membership when I have no faith in those running the club would make me all kinds of hypocritical.

I honestly can’t see any other avenue for supporters of members to voice their displeasure and believe me, I’ve tried.

It’s my way of supporting the club by doing everything in my power to force change.

15 Likes

Hey @Humbert_Humbert
People can support a club without paying.
Not paying for a membership to an organisation that makes its money through the sales of memberships, is the only thing you can do when the organisation won’t fix the problems.
If one of your workers was not performing you wouldn’t pay him week in week out thinking, one day he/she will be good, you either train them differently, if that doesn’t work, you try other options, if that doesn’t work, you manage them out.
You don’t keep paying them.
Its quite clear to everyone that change has been needed for a very long time and change hasn’t happened. It only just started last year. That is why I stopped paying what was the point.
As I said in the original post I was a silver member for a number of years I singed up around 2004, went to about 7 Anzac day games in a row throughout the early 2000’s was at the game Zaha kicked the winning goal. Loved it even though we were loosing because I always though we had a chance against the better sides even though we would crap the bed against the cellar dwellers.
Being bases in Qld at that stage the only reason I was a silver member was it guaranteed a grand final ticket. In that time we got kicked out of about 3 elimination finals by an average of what 70 points.
Looking back now itd quite clear we were a basket case, yet we all kept paying.
The only year that looked promising was 2012 and look what happened there.
I now look at the money I could have saved as we were never going to make a grand final, playing the way we were.
I know you may not agree with me but each to their own.

3 Likes

we have optimism?

Thanks for the reach out. I posted my thought previously which you read but then have been offline so missed all the stuff with Grant sorry. Obviously you both had a disagreement. I will check in to Grant to find out why. We are a supporters podcast page and not your normal fan forum where anything goes. Yes our podcast tbh is normally very strong in encouraging membership ( if you can afford it) . Yes Grant i know strongly believes that you support through good and bad times. So i can see the narrative of only buying when we win now being in strong disagreement with him. Just being honest on how Grant would see it and he is passionate about it.

Your welcome to re-join mate and start fresh if you like. However i am just letting you know up front what the page supports.

10 Likes

@Josh
Have you been reading the posts on here over the last 10 years???
Mine was nothing compared to what I have read.

Is this the Trump style being tired of winning?

Honestly, this attitude really turns me off the idea of becoming a member again.
This entitlement.
This idea that you only get to have an opinion on poor decision after poor decision after poor decision if you give them money.

I’m specifically not giving them money because…■■■■■■■, I’m less proud of Essendon than I was five years ago.

8 Likes