Practice match vs Fark Carlton - Thursday 25 Feb 2021 @ 11am - no entry, live stream

Everyone has a opinion on this. I read Darli’s post and i totally get her point of view and have no issue with it. If you want change at the club then not being a member is an option yes. I reckon many wish they didn’t need to go this route but its more out of desperation for change.

2 Likes

I’m the same.

I cancelled my membership immediately at the end of 2019 season. I was appalled by the fact the coach tried to save his job, by playing injured players, which then f*cked our 2020 season.

Then as you say, nobody at the club communicates to the members… except when the chairman talks to coterie members. We also had a coach who treated the supporters with absolute contempt… with “need to be patient” and “learning is more important than results”… and complaining that the supporters expectations are too high.

Sitting through that Bulldogs belting was bad. What is worse, is that CEO or Chairman doesn’t say a thing after that match.

I truely felt sorry for the people who payed memberships in 2020… the way they were treated was disgusting. They fact they didn’t sack Worsfold after his press conference, was weak as p*ss.

For me to sign up again, the club needs to start treating the members with respect… and not with fluff and spin.
Brasher’s updates are a good start. And I like what I’m hearing from Rutten… but it’s just a start.

10 Likes

Power to you if you stop your membership, but ■■■■■ sake you can’t demand anything.

7 Likes

I’m not demanding anything.
I just haven’t supported the direction of the club for the last five years.
I’d like to think there’s a change of direction now. I really would.

6 Likes

@barnz
But you can’t demand anything with a membership if they choose to ignore you.

1 Like

Essendon had the biggest hit to it membership numbers, in the AFL…

I think that speaks pretty loudly.

4 Likes

i have no issue with people cancelling their memberhsips in droves.

its the self-agrandising martyring of themselves thats a bit much.

furthermore, clubs stopped being clubs in the late 90s/early 00s. start viewing your membership as a value adding benefit, if its worth it to you, good buy one, if its not great dont buy.

10 Likes

shrugs
Well, I don’t see it like that.
It’s not about where Essendon is on the ladder, or where my seats are, or how many games I get into and whether they’re at Marvel or the ‘G, or voting.
I gave money to the club because I loved them and I was proud of them and I wanted to help them in some small way.

14 Likes

Grant deleted me off your page because of my criticism of dodoro and his obsessive love with him. certainly pretty petty, he basically deletes people who he strongly disagrees with. I wasn’t the first and won’t be the last

3 Likes

Will the club be showing any of our VFL matches to members only this year?

I might consider it if that was the case. I will get more joy watching the kids play VFL this year, than watching the seniors.

Food for thought Essendon.

4 Likes

Where’s the team?

3 Likes

Stuff the team. They haven’t even told us who’s in the VFLW squad yet! And we’ve 5 or 6 days (not yet announced!) from our first match of the season!

1 Like

You would think they would have the practice match, VFL matches, VFLW free to watch on The Bombers website like a normal club would.
Any keen Blitzers game enough to slip in with a camera?

1 Like

We’re done.

1 Like

If you have a sick patient, it seems that turning off the blood supply ain’t gonna save him/her.
Supporting a club involves enduring pain, and little pleasure. That’s just the deal for all team sports.

As for live streaming to members only? Bad decision. Giving access of your ‘new’ teams’ first hit out, against s hated rival, to as a broad an audience as possible makes more sense to me.

4 Likes

I bought a membership and 2020, and the way I was treated was nothing short of exemplary.

The club communicated very swiftly and made it very clear what the process would be for the season.

Honestly, the amount of options we had in comparison to other clubs/AFL members was terrific.

Not sure how you’d know given you jumped off in 2019.

2 Likes

Seems like this conversation is being had in at least 3 threads currently. Feels like a complete and utter storm in a teacup to me.

8 Likes

I wasn’t referring to customer service from call center staff, as I don’t believe that’s the reason you’d become a member.

Sorry, what?

I was offered options in terms of cancelling, rolling over or getting some sort of credit for the membership.

First of all, big hello to Darli, I don’t know any supporters more passionate than you, and for that matter @Mickey_D sounds like he loves the club - this isn’t about that.

I just don’t see how you think you’re helping by not renewing your membership. A protest perhaps? Really do you believe that XC and the Board are unaware of the poor on-field performance? What do you expect them to do differently now that you’ve stopped supporting the club financially? If you’ve given up then you’ve given up, but personally I’ve watched and supported the club through tougher times than this and will continue to do so till the day I die.

Back to this livestream. Non-members do not have a right to view it any more than they have a right to watch matches for free. We demand professionalism from the club, well, professionalism quite literally has its price.

11 Likes