Practice match vs Fark Carlton - Thursday 25 Feb 2021 @ 11am - no entry, live stream

I thought byran showed great signs for a 19 year old kid with zero experience against a seasoned ruckmen if you saw it differently then props to you

cahill for a former forward pocket playing now as a back pocket also showed promising signs…

2 Likes

i’d very seriously consider playing draper forward more than we might have planned for. Or give phillips a crack up there, at east he competes.

Fast track Eyre please

3 Likes

Let’s hope he leaves with nino and they can have their own pity party every week.

I understand the desire to play Stewart behind the ball, the couple of times he got to deliver in space into the forwardline it was really good.

However, he got caught deep too often and plays like the forward he is.

On Bryan, I was very impressed. If Draper goes down, I’d be happy to give him a few games ahead of Phillips for his development given where the team is at.

4 Likes

iTs OnLy PrEsEaSoN

1 Like

well if nothing else the decision to take 23 tall guys in the draft is looking a hell of a lot better after that game.

13 Likes

Overall pretty pleased. Those complaining about the loss and the whole ‘clubs farked’ stuff - it’s game 1 of a pre-season hit out with a rookie coach. Maybe buy a ticket to the hall of mirrors, have a long hard look at yourself, and re-assess your expectations.

Lots to be excited about.

6 Likes

Even that might be setting yourself up for disappointment.

It’s gonna be a rough year.

6 Likes

@Bacchusfox ya warming to him yet ?

If we do not get beaten by 35 points Carlton are not trying.

This is definitely a development year. Bottom 4. No great expectations, learn to play together, back each each other and NO learnings from Woosha.

You must be on some crazy delay there

Fought it out in the last quarter but a lot of improvement on that performance if we’re gonna be particularly competitive.

If you count Cox as a wing, then we really only took 3 KPP.

that’s all pretty reasonable and considered.

Midfield depth looks much better this year based on that but lacking at either end. Lot of work to do. Whole ground defence was waaaaay off, waltzed through far too often.

1 Like

I’m happy to finish bottom 4 and watch the kids develop but not sure Essendon fans can put up with the opppo moving the ball with ease every week

The coaches and players will want to fix that quick smart

4 Likes

A bit late to the party, I’m a member have been for years, but I didn’t see where/how to log in, would like to watch the reply. Can somebody please help me find it?

I’d never be happy to finish bottom four.

Not unless it meant we landed the next Dustin Martin in the draft.

Which we would probably overlook because he wouldn’t come across as leadership potential.

6 Likes

would be interesting to get a look at the behind the goals footage to look at our zone and starting positions both when attacking and defending.

i suspect we are sagging off too much defensively and not positioning in front of direct opponents to intercept in defence.

when we have the ball our fowards are still too far away and not presenting.

i’m kind of shocked by just how bad that looked after a pre-season working on the game plan. It really looked a carbon copy of last year and the year before.

5 Likes

Exactly this, it’s been an issue for a few years and doesn’t take any skill just discipline and application.

Watching Hepp try to get back quickly into defence in comparison to being used to saad doing that sent shivers down the spine.

1 Like