Practice matches vs Bulldogs @ The Hangar - 23 Feb 2022 - AFL @ 3pm + VFL @ 5:45pm

Anyone who wants to attend needs to register through a link on the Essendon site

Normally I would support that thinking… and I DO believe the ‘little’ things matter. However last year I saw signs that our culture is coming together in terms of pressure and chemistry.

So yeah… I get it… and if we lose big next Wednesday… I’ll probably be a little bit annoyed… but not as annoyed as I would be in Merrett goes in hard, ends up Concussed and misses Round 1 or whatever.

I guess my thoughts on it have changed… I’m confident we have recruited ‘winners’ and we have more toughness around the ground than we have had in 10+ years… but there is no point wasting aggression in unnecessary situations.

2 Likes

How’s the bloke in the wheelchair at Marvel yelling Essendon

7 Likes

Ahead of your time. 40km/h in most side streets now. Surely you weren’t slower than that.

what if merrett goes in hard rd 1 and get concussed and misses round 2 ?

last year we had 2 of our main midfielders out for most of the season by the end of rd 2.

you can’t control what happens in a contact sport, you can only control how you prepare and how you approach the game.

in a team/club that has struggled to be professional athletes for the better part of 20 years, no formal hit out should be viewed as anything other than an opportunity to set higher standards and start setting better habits about how this club views their actual core business, game day output.
well imo at least anyway.

1 Like

Yeah Stevie used to cruise around in his wheelchair yelling essendon. It was so great to listen too. Something we have missed over the last 2 years.

2 Likes

Slow and steady wins the race.

2 Likes

IS this being streamed anywhere?

link for those that need it

Register to attend practice match against Dogs (essendonfc.com.au)

2 Likes

I hope merrett,parish,ridley,draper ,hind and stringer don’t play in this game. Our 5 most important players. Don’t take any risks in an unofficial practice match.
But Please can someone put weightman to sleep :zzz: ( fairly of course)

2 Likes

dan andrews will hear about this.

Pretty sure its in Kayo

I think the dogs will take it easy this game as they are behind us in terms of loads for preseason.

I hope we go in near full strength, barring those with injuries plus players fighting for the 3 available positions we have because it’s less than a month away, it will come quickly and only 2 hitouts against opposition.

Don’t care if we don’t win

I want us to be ruthless and not get thrashed

Agreed! Approach these final hitout games with putting what will be close enough to a round 1 side.

We are weeks away from round 1 and with spots up for grabs still they have to give themselves every chance to execute game plan and get run in the legs in preparation.

1 Like

Youre not the boss of me

7 Likes

5 Likes

Stewart will play, because he isn’t injured.

2 Likes

Dogs lost to hawks by about 5 goals in the correlating game last year.

And theoretically should be a couple of weeks behind us given they played in the granny.

SO factor that in if we win handsomely

1 Like

Had to subscribe to Kayo couldn’t do any more free trials ran out of mobile numbers haha

1 Like