Pre-Game Entertainment Idea

No.

But they did have pyrotechnics

1 Like

Its a finals game for college football - big traditional event. Served as a semi-final this year.

That Stealth Bomber wasnā€™t very stealthy - I could see it and hear it.

3 Likes

The biggest problem, literally, is the size of the ground.

MCG 171m x 146m
Old Trafford 106m x 69.5m
NFL Standard 109m x 48m

Our grounds are almost double the length and more than double the width and therefore everyone is further away from each other which doesnā€™t create the same atmosphere. Even if you transported the Superbowl half time show directly into the middle of the MCG it would look small and lost because of the sheer size of the ground.

Flyovers by fighter jets however are awesome regardless of the ground size

1 Like

They should have let off the fireworks on the bomberā€™s approach so it needs to perform manoeuvres to avoid them. That would be awesome.

I know what you are saying but the actual ground sizes of NFL stadiums are a lot bigger than the playing surface. The Rose Bowl ground is 140m x 90m for example.

Also an old stadium like the Rose Bowl has old style terraced seating so those at the back are a loooong way away.

3 Likes

The MCG is not the only ground that suffers from a lack of atmosphere

I donā€™t see any need to do that.

IMO, peripheral hype is a waste of money that inflates the cost of going to and watching games.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought I made that point.

It suits American sports because itā€™s part of the culturr and plus when they do it they do it properly.

I donā€™t think itā€™s needed here but our atmosphere will never compare to other sports.

The A League has far more atmosphere.

Why not a big drop down jumbotron with some classic highlights! followed by ā€˜Flying through the dangerzone!ā€™

My favourite atmosphere at a game is when Iā€™m seated in the top level of the stand, a few rows from the back, with plenty of empty seats around meā€¦ a beer in hand and a few overpriced snacks on the seat beside meā€¦ and no stupid entertainment / music / noise except for the footy.

This pleases me.

2 Likes

The only time i feel our game lacks atmosphere is when playing a club with little or no supporters like gws or suns or norf. There shouldnā€™t be silence after a goal

1 Like

AFLX IS THE ANSWER!

1 Like

But Iā€™ve seen footage of what they let them do in the car park before the game.
After 3 hours of ā€œtailgate partyingā€ theyā€™ll cheer anything.
Turn the MCG car park into a giant BBQ and drinking party zone anyone?

1 Like

Iā€™m actually pro the idea of the same song being played at Ess home games prior to the bounce. Same one every time. Something that will pump the crowd up and feels eventful.

Iā€™m not even saying pick one with lyrics, even something instrumental and a bit obscure. For instance, this:

Thereā€™s only one song Essendon should adopt and itā€™s already been mentioned in this thread.

16 Likes

Carlton would smash us in those conditions

19 Likes

Find the longest kick in the country.

No toes in the garage?

two tribes every game, especially on anzac day.