Pre-Game Entertainment Idea

Pffft. Life is meant to be big fun, I’m not hurting anyone, nobody loses.

I gotta live my life

I gotta do it my way

(I don’t remember any more lyrics, even these were a struggle)

The difference is our sport doesn’t suck (well, the AFL is working on that). Maybe focus on that.

How farking spectacular are fireworks during daylight?

Just an amazing spectacle to watch all that smoke get blown away by the wind.

2 Likes

THE ROYAL is pretty good at pre game entertainment

4 Likes

likely nothing.

Great promotion for the American airforce.

They would have signed up thousands more hopefuls after that stunt.

Couldn’t we just say a stealth plane is flying over the G, and that it’s so stealthy you can’t see it or hear it.

10 Likes

**[quote=“samwoods, post:30, topic:11956, full:true”]
My favourite atmosphere at a game is when I’m seated in the top level of the stand, a few rows from the back, with plenty of empty seats around me… a beer in hand and a few overpriced snacks on the seat beside me… and no stupid entertainment / music / noise except for the footy.

This pleases me.
[/quote]

Now you’re not going to try and pretend that a game of football is entertainment, are you? That’s just ridiculous **

For mine the game is enough.

Getting the chips, beer and ribbing my mates is enough. The rest is fluff and BS.

3 Likes

Honestly the pic on the right looks vastly preferable.

You’ve done some amazing work but this one combines two of my great loves, you rock

I don’t get why we’d need anything at all.

4 Likes

Agree. Sometimes with this stuff less is more

1 Like

Pre game entertainment doesn’t work here.
Mainly because the cost of good entertainment is too high to warrant and the low cost crap is ignored by the general public and becomes a waste of money.

Comparing our entertainment to USC’S is useless. A team like Seattle had Pearl Jam playing a short gig outside the ground on certain occasions mainly because Seattle can afford to foot the bill, own and run the facility and because the band loves the team and is willing to be underpaid.

Compare that to us where Essendon don’t own the ground, can’t source a band anywhere near as they’d prefer touring overseas and certainly can’t afford an hour of the bands time.

Unless fans are willing to pay extra for it through ticket pricing, any decent entertainment won’t be worth it.

Our game has nothing on the atmosphere of the premier league and soccer in general. We need to replicate that.

Let’s get Woosha make a gentleman’s agreement with opposition coaches to slow the play up and reduce the number of goals. That way, our efforts at creating an atmosphere isn’t ruined by the game itself!

Here’s an idea - we could all turn up to the G the day AFTER the game. No match on - we can concerntrate more on our chants!

1 Like

The best ideas I reckon are fan driven.

i dunno, the hovercraft didn’t work too well for fark carlton.

3 Likes

Agree, there are stadiums across the galaxy with no atmosphere

1 Like

Will have to avoid them.

I like plenty of atmosphere.

…* swish *

How does the MCG lack atmosphere?