Pre-season game v Geelong Saturday 6th march 2021 7.10PM @ GMHBA

Yeah! Got 2 tkts. Took a while but!
Now need somewhere to stay so checked out the Aberdeen Motor Inn…$888.00 for the night.
Now have to find a nice doorway to sleep in or drive back to Melb after game.

1 Like

Spewing. Would think they’d allow all day atleast the degenerates. I can log in put my numbers in and all and then it says none there

Yeah seemed quite a short amount of time to get your tickets. There will probably be plenty of the capacity allocated to Cats fans though I guess. This was the tweet the club put out this morning.

1 Like

Heard only 8000 tickets too so would have been snapped up aswell!

Jeremy Cameron to jump on Cox’s head and end any hype we had about him.

You will while this year might not be easy , we will see a team that’s committed on getting better each week

1 Like

Mmmmm oh well. Another semi rebuild.

I blame the failure to capitalise after great recruiting on Campbell for extending woosha’s contract. He was so outdated as a tactician.

1 Like

Unfortunately the past is in the past we can’t do anything about it now.

We can only focus on the future, is truck the right man ? who knows… however I feel more excited for the future then I have for a long time, yes it will be tough however the reward in the end could be the main prize and that’s worth the pain!

3 Likes

Can we create a specific thread for Nino to talk and reply to himself about how depressed and disgusted he is with the club so he doesn’t have to hijack every thread in the board with his negative rubbish.

12 Likes

The assumption that Geelong are serious and putting in 100% effort I think is flawed. It won’t tell us much about where we stand one way or another.

I doubt it ends up as bad as this place seems to expect, but even if it does, it doesn’t mean much.

What I was to see:

Almost full game from Draper, including beating up on Geelong’s rucks

Continued growth in understanding of their teammates from out defence, midfield and forward lines. Each of the lines is still learning about their teammates, and had good moments and bad moments last week. Hopefully more good, less bad this week.

Waterman to kick a goal from the centre which is still going up as it goes over the goal umpires head.

That’s about all I need to see. I could get on board with seeing Reid and Eyre, or Zerk or whatever, but if we saw mostly the same team, but with less minutes from the 23rd to 27th players as we start to lock in a best 22 that would also be acceptable.

4 Likes

@nackers - did you say there was supposed to be training this morning?

What I want to see

1. Some semblance of an attempt to push up and defend all the short kicks Geelong will do coming out of defence. The lazy, slow response trailing of opponents by 5m all over the ground when they have the ball is a recipe for Geelong going end to end uncontested.
  2. Some attempt to spot kicks to advantage on the kick outs - and not just a 15m to the pocket either.
  3. Repeated continual movement of players ahead of the ball, giving the kicker options to kick to their advantage. I accept that our kicking isn’t as good as the good teams, and we have a number of players who can’t kick it well to the advantage of the player making position, but we have to try to achieve it.
  4. Harry Jones to take 5 or 6 marks from leading into space following some quick ball movement that allows him that space and a kicker kicking it to his advantage (a la Perkins’ kick on the half time siren v FC)
    That’s all.
    I don’t care too much what the margin is. That will depend how hard Geelong go for how long.
3 Likes

No way! I must admit I find it frustrating at times, but all power to him, bloke just loves the club

I feel like the roller coaster that is nino kind of sums up EFC nicely

2 Likes

Yes, just got home again a few minutes ago, I’ll do a report soonish.

14 Likes

If you get rid of people like @Finding_Nino, this forum would be incredibly boring.

You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.

3 Likes

And that’s all I want,want to go every week feeling like the team is making progress win,lose or draw

5 Likes

If you don’t like it, probably best not to be around during the season proper when we are getting belted by 50+ points every few weeks. Because it won’t just be nino venting

1 Like

This more than anything else. Just be hard to play against. Everything else will flow from that.

I’m confident we can break even at stoppages. I’m confident that if we force turnovers in the front half we can put them under pressure. I’m confident if we compete and force them to bomb it into 50 we’ll make it hard for them down there.

Being hard to play against is where everything starts.

I haven’t totally discounted that some of this is deliberate. Trail the players out wide to the flanks so that then they can shut them down with a hard zone. The problem was that they then trailed them the complete length of the ground. Give a couple of easy kicks out of defence to the HBF, then shut it down.

Who knows. They certainly didn’t shut it down a number of times on Thursday.

Will be less venting when people set realistic expectations which some don’t & then spit their dummies.

Whilst we will have a reasonably experienced midfield who’ve played some time together still going to be new faces in there. But our defence and forward group will be largely all new.

And we are going to look poor initially without doubt.

Can only hope that eventually things gel and start to play a competitive brand of footy even if not getting the wins. Pending how quickly that happens I still think we can win more games than what many are thinking however.

1 Like