Pre Season Matches - What Will We See?

I can't wait to see Hurley in defence with my own 2 eyes, he is a ■■■■■■ beast when he is in defence.
Also seeing Bomber in the Essendon coaches box eating rolls will make my ■■■■■■ day.

Are you related to Bomber? You sound obsessed :lol: :lol:
I'm obsessed in the Essendon Football club, having the best coach in the game gives my beloved Bombers the best opportunity to become a great team on field again like when we had Sheedy. It is ■■■■■■ exciting having the games best coach over the last decade coach our club,
I'm happy if you disagree.

Definitely related to Bomber...you seem to like the way he goes about his business...

Winning is pretty awesome, just ashame it has been Geelong doing all the winning.

2014 year of the Dons!

Alex Browne will give the coaches no choice but to select him come rd 1.

At the expense of?

Alex Browne will give the coaches no choice but to select him come rd 1.

At the expense of?
Jake Melksham (suspended for first 2 weeks).

Do these games get replayed on the AFL site?  I don't have Foxtel and probably won't be going to the pub on a Monday night, then again I can feel the excitement building.

Do these games get replayed on the AFL site?  I don't have Foxtel and probably won't be going to the pub on a Monday night, then again I can feel the excitement building.

I know where you're coming from Hambo, I don't have these new-fangled cable TV thingies either. But if the only way that I can support my club after all the crap we have been through, is to go down to the pub on a week night, then I am prepared to make the sacrifice. It's the least we can do.

Man up buddy. We have a premiership to win.

wouldn't mind seeing this side run out against GC (think we get 6 on the bench)

pears hurls bags              

browne hooker edwards                                  

stanton myers zaha              

ryder melk hocking                  

merret carlisle colyer

merret jd berg

int: thurlow dell  hardy howlett kav hams

miss out: gleeson ashby fantasia aylett gregory dalgliesh obrian reyner van unen jetta

rest/inj: watson goddard fletch tbell licha chappy heppell dempsey hibb kommer                  

pears hurls bags
browne hooker edwards
stanton myers zaha
ryder melk hocking
merret carlisle colyer
merret jd berg
int: thurlow dell hardy howlett kav hams
miss out: gleeson ashby fantasia aylett gregory dalgliesh obrian reyner van unen jetta

Needs more JETTa

pears hurls bags
browne hooker edwards
stanton myers zaha
ryder melk hocking
merret carlisle colyer
merret jd berg
int: thurlow dell hardy howlett kav hams

Needs more JETTa

noted and edit (i tihnk at the same time as you were posting). can't imagine how he slipped my mind.

I don’t know why we’d play guys like Hooker, Licha, Dempsey etc.

Focus should be on the young guys, new recruits, and those who’ve got to learn or bed down a new position.

I don't know why we'd play guys like Hooker, Licha, Dempsey etc.
Focus should be on the young guys, new recruits, and those who've got to learn or bed down a new position.

i'd play hooker only so he and hurls can get some games under their belts playing together. agree on licha and dempsey though.

Focus should be on the young guys, new recruits, and those who've got to learn or bed down a new position.

i'd play hooker only so he and hurls can get some games under their belts playing together. agree on licha and dempsey though.

You also want to give players like Licha some match fitness given their injury history.

You also want to give players like Licha some match fitness given their injury history.

yeah, i'd probably play him against the tigers and in the full intra club before rd 1.

Running without the ball; both for defence and offence.  I find it's the most crucial aspect of the game and we've not been good at it for a quite a while.

Creating space and zoning.  Running to the right areas at the right times, pushing up when you need to but holding back and zoning off as well.  I want a recreation of that Richmond game where we were constantly shutting them down and they found it impossible to move forward out of their defensive 50.

Running without the ball; both for defence and offence.  I find it's the most crucial aspect of the game and we've not been good at it for a quite a while.

Creating space and zoning.  Running to the right areas at the right times, pushing up when you need to but holding back and zoning off as well.  I want a recreation of that Richmond game where we were constantly shutting them down and they found it impossible to move forward out of their defensive 50.

that is precisely the game my mind went to as well. it wasn't the only game where we did it well but that night we were particularly strong in that department, i even remember zaha working hard to close down options and stop guys playing on.

i think the players get that it is a team thing and it only works if everyone does it. it takes a certainly level of buy in form the players but also good on-field leadership from all the senior players to organise and push players mentally.

It‘s 6 on the bench plus 2 subs.
Best 26 (minus Bellchambers, Goddard, Chappy, etc) thread time!

All i want to see is:

*A functional cohesive forward line 

*NO injuries

*NO reports

The new big/strong jd,z merrett,kav,gleeson and Edwards.

The improvement in these guys is vital for the next 5 years (don’t forget how many young guns GWS and GC have stockpiled).

Oh,let’s not forget chappy in the red and black!

I never got the 'Jetta 0 touches' statement on here.

Is it a pisstake or did it actually happen?

I think it was just a comment someone made during a match thread that people found themselves saying too often.
It was actually from a VFL match wasn't it? And I don't think he was actually playing ...
That's my memory, anyway.

We were much better at the defensive running last year (both running without the ball/following guys; and creating a zone). Much better. Get the feeling this was always Hird's major point he was hammering into them, Bomber will probably swing it a bit towards the attacking game.

Remember ant555, post 2012 draft, being happy as a pig in **** when most of us were, to put it kindly, a bit confused (Van who?).

All the guys we lost were poor  zoners/defensive runners; all the guys we picked up pretty good at it. That's started to bear fruit.

Now I remember back, Davey was another he thought got lost in the defensive side of it - never able to resist chasing, often ending up in someone else's area.

I know where you're coming from Hambo, I don't have these new-fangled cable TV thingies either. But if the only way that I can support my club after all the crap we have been through, is to go down to the pub on a week night, then I am prepared to make the sacrifice. It's the least we can do.

Man up buddy. We have a premiership to win.

Well done Old Guy you have convinced me.  I'll be at the pub, Monday is steak night. :)  Hope to see Ambrose get a go.