Pre-season training report - Monday 5 Dec 2022

Depends really I hope they all go through VO 2 and blood lactate testing to get their base lines .

I even do so you can actually train to heart rate which I’m guessing all wear heart rate monitors ?

I’m just an amateur cyclist but if I do the above I’m hoping a team of professionals do…

As for training them up you need at 3 to 6 months depending on results of the above body type etc

2 pre seasons always is the guide

3 Likes

Yikes.

Hopefully all is okay.

I remember reading on here that he may not have the passion for the game. Not sure if it was fact or just innuendo.

Perhaps linked to that.

1 Like

You are very informative thank you kindly,.

That’s a real concern if he hasn’t been training. Hope it’s not another compromised preseason. @Finding_Nino might be spot on about Jones. Cox is also a worry and Stringer OP/groin. Lucky we got Weeeeeed then

I have been thinking about this a lot and I share similar concerns.

It’s not just about our recent draftees, but our list makeup in general.

I hate to compliment FCFC, but if you look at their drafting this year it’s clear they understand that the modern game requires people who can cover the ground and work both ways. They brought in Acres through trade and then proceeded to draft some of the best aerobic players in the country in Ollie Hollands and Jaxon Binns. It was clearly a big part of their thinking.

I’m not sure we have many elite engine players on our list. In fact, I’d hazard to guess we would rank very average in that area compared to the rest of the competition. No doubt it has a bearing on how we perform defensively and late in quarters/games. I think it’s a massive problem.

7 Likes

Re: Jones. This was him on Nov 22, courtesy of @Begbie.

Hope he’s okay.

3 Likes

Maybe Scott has told him go away and pump some iron - and put on 10kgs then come back

Doubt it

It’s bad enough for me to think that Tom Phillips would be a good pickup for us

We dont do that here

If Jones isn’t invested (which i don’t believe), it would have made even less sense to not do the Melbourne deal to grab Jefferson.

28 Likes

thats just blonde ashby

12 Likes

Jason Ashby's reaction when he found out he will miss the ...

32 Likes

You mean like Francis

If Jones isnt up for the battle then we have one of Voss, Baldwin, Langford or Weideman that can slot straight in there…could even be the making of Cox.

Personally I would like to see Voss given an early opportunity to show what he’s got.

5 Likes

I keep forgetting about Setterfield and Weideman

1 Like

I’d take the extra goal kicking practice and a report on accuracy over running reports.

Time-trial shaming is the new body fat callipers.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reports @nackers and @CJohns.

Has Langers been training with the forwards or midfielders so far? Interested to hear the plans for him this year