Predictions for 2017

Joe to kick OOBF a few times…

Joe to kick OOBF a few times...

I’ll be happy if he kicks at all at this rate!

This year Essendon had a 3:19 season. Next year, 19:3 They will top the ladder, play off in the GF and claim flag no 17

Zac will take his game to the next level, kick more goals and win the Brownlow
McGrath to take out the Rising Star Award
Joe to kick 70 goals
Hooker 50

Goddard, Watson and Stanton retire as premiership players with Watson claiming best on ground in the GF

wouldn’t that be great but fairy tale stuff IMO. Good to dream tho

Ill call for a rebuild after Collingwood kick the first goal in the NAB challenge

Mcgrath rising star. Half back flankers award

Walla. Goal of the year. Lock it in.

We will start beautifully and the pundits will regretfully start piling on the negatives, the general public will begin to join in and eventually the pressure will cause our performances to suffer, we will slowly trickle down the ladder, finish mid table to last and then call for the heads of Lindsay tanner and co like it was completely their fault.

We will start beautifully and the pundits will regretfully start piling on the negatives, the general public will begin to join in and eventually the pressure will cause our performances to suffer, we will slowly trickle down the ladder, finish mid table to last and then call for the heads of Lindsay tanner and co like it was completely their fault.

Lid off then?

Lid off then?

Well there’s lid off

And then there’s lid off

Genuinely putting nutz on the line -

Hooker to kick 50.

Wulla to kick 30+goals.

JD to dominate games at CHF but still not correct goal kicking as much as we’d like.

Langford to become a consistent 20+ possession 1-2 goal a game gun.

Begley to smash someone on debut.

Howlett to surprise and play consistent great footy.

Zaharakis, minus a tag, to finish top 5 in the BnF.

McGrath to have a Parish like year.

Parish to have a Zerrett like year.

Bird to struggle, but be a good back up.

We will finish 6-8 and win our first final.
The twos will win the flag.

I think there will be increased competition for spots and those who would normally be best 22 might find themselves on the outer.

I’m expecting 60-70 goals from Daniher and that Hurley will take his place in All-Australian Defence.

Have us winning between 10 and 15 games.

McGrath to star from his first game. Plays like Johannison off half back, but kicks accurately! 17 other clubs fans create a growing social media furore that we got #1 draft pick, and he is so good, its not fair.

The AFL tries very hard to think of a way to improve the optics of the situation and as a knee jerk, try to eliminate McGrath due to an obscure rule no one ever saw before making Canadians ineligible. This goes to the AFL commission and Fitzpatrick and Gillon are rolled by the other members of the commission when Geoffrey Robertson asserts its fundamentally in breach of the Australian Human Rights Act and threatens to take the AFL to the High Court.

But finally at the rising star vote, Gillon gives McGrath zero votes in a half-arsed rear guard action, just like he did with Parish in 2016, but all the others on the panel vote 5 for McGrath, giving him 45 votes and winning the rising star.

Lid off then?

I fear most of my time will be spent in threadabouts. I lack buoyancy for oncoming season. I'm just a poor bouy
I'm just a poor buoy
You’ll get no sympathy
I'm just a poor buoy
You’ll get no sympathy

Coz he’s easy come, easy go?

Finals depend on injuries. If we have a good run we should go close. I was looking at our draw today, it’s fkn easy

Finals depend on injuries. If we have a good run we should go close. I was looking at our draw today, it's fkn easy

IMHO its the easiest draw for a while & we should have the deepest list we’ve had in a decade. Without even factoring in any of the new draftees coming into the best 22 we have a very strong list that must make finals as a pass mark. We might need a Zerrett type breakout from a Parrish or Langford to give us the top end talent to go deep Sept but if we can’t make finals with this list then there is something wrong internally. The only standout weakness I see is rebounding off half back but maybe with so many mids coming back & young guys emerging we can fill that role effectively. Injuries obviously can make a huge difference but again I think we are better placed than any recent years to cover “normal” injury levels.

We will play in a Prelim final but get beaten by less than a goal.
Colyer will be the star of our team and will kick 30+ goals this year.

Ill call for a rebuild after Collingwood kick the first goal in the NAB challenge

Should we lose to one of richmond, north or, st kilda, you can gaurantee that a few of the lid off types will call for heads. Happens every year.

Dillon and Patrick Fitzmike get the ■■■■

Somebody anybody wipes out Mitchell

Ditto for McDevitt