Pressure Washer Recommendations

Looking for advice from Blitzers about buying a pressure washer to clean a very dirty concrete drive, garden path and large concrete area at rear of house.

I’ve heard of Gerni and Karcher. Any other brands people would suggest?

Would rather one that’s electric powered rather than petrol motor and willing to spend $200-300.

The most important feature is that it does the job. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Most niche thread ever?

12 Likes

I can’t advise over other brands, but my Gurni did a fine job on the driveway and pavers. Not a top-o-the-line model either, and at least 15 years old. What are you cleaning? General gunk, or something more specific?

3 Likes

At least 20 years worth of dirt and dust, but not oil, grease or any other nasties.

I’ve heard that Gerni is a good brand. Cheers Deck!

You are probably better off hiring one. You’d want 3000psi to clean concrete which can be upwards of $500 for a decent one.

4 Likes

Fair point PH, I can’t see myself using it much after doing that one (biggish) job.

Wonder what the rate might be for a weekend hire? I’ll do some more homework.

Got a 1810 PSI Gerni from Bunnings that will do the above easy, cost like 150ish IIRC.

Comes with a tornado head that agitates dirt/grime better than a regular 60° jet. Worked for my driveway although I gave up halfway

1 Like

I have a Karcher and it works a treat. Suggest you go to Bunnings and just get the one that best matches your budget!

1 Like

I have a Makita that would also do the job fine, but don’t even know if they sell them anymore. Karcher and Gerni are almost synonymous with pressure washer in Australia. There is generally a reason for that.

1 Like

Get as much PSi/$ that you can afford.

They are addictive though, one minute you’re cleaning the driveway, nekk minnit you’re on a ladder cleaning gutters with it.

3 Likes

Only downside I’ve heard is that they break down due the plastic components such as the pumps (Karcher in particular). Gerni have the metal pumps.

1 Like

Invest in a filter, most break down due to debris from water into the pump.

1 Like

also karcher is unadulterated garbage.

1 Like

Pretty sure thete’s a subreddit for power washing, so a few people enjoy it.
My mum has squiggles in her concrete backyard because she used a crap one. Looks silly as!

2 Likes

We have a ryobi which is apparently very well rated. I say apparently because Mrs AD Don needed one but it’s still sitting in my study in its box.

4 Likes

I’ve got a 2800psi Ryobi. It is awesome. Costs less than the main brands and was a little light on attachments initially, but they have a really good selection now. Even comes with the deck scrubber as standard now.
Oh, and it replaced a Karcher that just stopped working.

1 Like

If going electric get gerni or karcher for domestic work and get a turbo head from one of the cheap auto stores. Hiring one is best if its a one off job. Or if you’re in tas you can borrow one of mine for a carton!

2 Likes

Yeah. Honestly borrow one.

Don’t need them too often.

But my neighbour farked mine, so yeah, be careful if the idiot doesn’t know how to use it.

1 Like

Thanks to all for their advice. I’ve decided to just hire one for the weekend and not waste money buying something that’s going to sit in the shed gathering dust.

If I did want to gather dust, I’ve already got a vacuum cleaner.

5 Likes

That’d be one hell of an enema.

4 Likes