Priority picks?

If sides didn’t make mistakes with recruiting / coaching then it is unlikely they would become so weak as to need a priority pick. As such, there would be no point have a priority pick system if you ruled out sides that became weak because they made mistakes.

Anyone have a summary of picks that the Lions have traded in recent years?

Who the ■■■■ cares? They won’t make the most of it and will fold into the Queensland suns in 10 years time.

The last time Brisbane had a compensation pick they traded it to Hawthorn for Jordan lisle. I don’t think they can be trusted with another.

If we miss out on battle drew or berry because of it i will be ■■■■■■

I don’t see Drew as a second rounder. Battle and Berry are in the 20’s imo.

Will probably trade it to hawks for hartung, and they will use it on omeara trade.

Drew early or later

Drew early or later

Later. 35+

Drew early or later

Later. 35+

Really i heard he was firming around 15 to 20

Ideal world then

1 clug
19 battle
26 berry
37 drew
55 cox or speculative speedy

I do find it funny how after gain said priority pick they are now saying their list is strong in youth and are willing to put pick 2 on the table. Yet only weeks ago were lamenting the lack of first round picks as a core reason for their diabolically ■■■■ performances.

As of this wasn’t going to happen. Brisbane did everything the the AFL wanted.

1. Get rid of Leppitsch
  2. Appoint the GM of football that we say
  3. Don’t hold a normal recruitment process just appoint the coach we suggest
The last time Brisbane had a compensation pick they traded it to Hawthorn for Jordan lisle. I don't think they can be trusted with another.

Good point, we should offer them Courtney Dempsey for it!

would have been better if it was after their second round pick, so pick 21. Give them two picks in a row. but probably just being selfish as it pushes our 19 to 20

oh well. hope they cook the pick

would have been better if it was after their second round pick, so pick 21. Give them two picks in a row. but probably just being selfish as it pushes our 19 to 20

oh well. hope they cook the pick

Go full boekhurst

The last time Brisbane had a compensation pick they traded it to Hawthorn for Jordan lisle. I don't think they can be trusted with another.

Welcome to Brisbane richard lounder

Any team finishing bottom 2 two years in a row deserves pick #19. That's squat.

Or are you all on the bandwagon that we finished last because of the drugs saga, its “our fault”, so we shouldn’t get pick #1? How does that logic differ to you guys saying “well they stuffed up with recruiting/off-field, but heh they should get nothing despite finishing bottom 2 two years in a row”.

They didn’t get nothing. They got pick 2 last year and pick 2 this year. That’s what they get for finishing bottom 2 two years in a row. I don’t have a problem with it, but I’m also not really convinced that if it was a Vic/WA/SA club that the AFL would be giving them a priority pick. St Kilda finished 16 and 18 in 2013 (when GWS weren’t an AFL quality team)/2014 and didn’t get anything for it.

Or are you all on the bandwagon that we finished last because of the drugs saga, its “our fault”, so we shouldn’t get pick #1? How does that logic differ to you guys saying “well they stuffed up with recruiting/off-field, but heh they should get nothing despite finishing bottom 2 two years in a row”.

WAT?

Essendon participated in the 2016 season and finished last, thus they receive the picks 18th on the ladder are entitled to.

How on earth does that relate to Brisbane being gifted an EXTRA draft pick on top of what they’re already entitled to for finishing 17th?

They get pick 2. They were arguably worse than us and they fielded their full team. Can’t get their leadership sorted, can’t get their coaching sorted, but get rewarded for poor governance. They should suffer in their jocks.

So I assume when we got a priority pick (#20) in 2006, barely five years after playing in a Grand Final, then everyone here was saying that was terribly unfair? Especially given part of that was injury driven, and the last bit was probably us tanking.

Priority picks exist to help teams which are poor. Brisbane is diabolical. And any team who finishes low is pretty much there because they stuffed up in some way. Hence us with the saga. Pick #19 is chicken feed, and in a 22 man comp the idea that two #2’s will bridge the gap to the top teams is ridiculous. Sache maybe brilliant, but last year WBD turned #12 odd into Dunkley and Collins. One pick extra versus the top teams, or two across two years won’t bridge the gap.

It seems to me very spiteful and unwilling to help any other team who isn’t Essendon.

That wasn’t decided by a bunch of suitable, they were the rules at the time. Fark is that Brisbane have even won finals since we last won one and even played finals what, three times (?) since 2004 (4 times if you include 2013 when we were kicked out)

Those were the rules then. And the rules now say if you’re rubbish enough you can apply for and get a priority pick.

I’m not sure how the fact that they were rubbish later than us is relevant? They’re also getting the priority pick 10 years later than we did.

I do find it funny how after gain said priority pick they are now saying their list is strong in youth and are willing to put pick 2 on the table. Yet only weeks ago were lamenting the lack of first round picks as a core reason for their diabolically ■■■■ performances.
They are asking for 2 top 10s, not exactly selling out the youth.

Will be used to lure j frost from Collingwood pmsl…hope the AwFuL have stated it has to be used on a draft pick and not used in any plater exchanges!

Anyone have a summary of picks that the Lions have traded in recent years?

http://www.lions.com.au/Club/history/brisbane-lions-history/trade-history

Not pretty reading.

Will be used to lure j frost from Collingwood pmsl.....hope the AwFuL have stated it has to be used on a draft pick and not used in any plater exchanges!

Isn’t Frost only a rookie?

And how would 21 be much different from 19?