Pushing for more games at the G?

I have to admit that I love playing the lesser teams at Etihad. I live in Geelong so it’s convenient whether by train or car. And those rubbish winter nights are great when kicking back with the roof closed.

Saying all that, you can’t beat a 3/4 to completely full MCG!

We will play extra games at The G this year.

We will play extra games at The G this year.

Lid off!

In the US, baseball was identified as the people’s game and moved away from boutique stadiums, but then it has a bigger population base. I thought that the TVSC set up of two ovals was to overcome the dusadavanfage or fewer games at the MCG.

We'll build a new stadium, we'll get the mexicans to pay for the stadium.

But…I thought we were the Mexicans…
oh - is thatthejoke?

1 Like
In the US, baseball was identified as the people's game and moved away from boutique stadiums, but then it has a bigger population base. I thought that the TVSC set up of two ovals was to overcome the dusadavanfage or fewer games at the MCG.

There is a word in there that I’ve never seen before, could be an alien sex gun. But if it helps us win I’m happy for it to be overcome

I like Etihad.

We need to keep some games at Etihad so as when Gil puts a statue of himself out the front EFC fans can pi$$ on it

2 Likes

Any more games a the G is a plus.

ROYAL.

In the US, baseball was identified as the people's game and moved away from boutique stadiums, but then it has a bigger population base. I thought that the TVSC set up of two ovals was to overcome the dusadavanfage or fewer games at the MCG.

One thing I you may be able to help me with is do they ever train under lights?

I like Etihad.

Hard to sell 65k+ membership in a 55k stadium. The move back to the G is inevitable if we are to continue to grow as a club.

Written by Caroline Wilson? Why anyone at the club would share any information (irrespective of how insignificant or otherwise) is absolutely beyond me.

Mind you, isn’t she just running with the same story that has been on the card’s for a number of years.
Didn’t Bomber have the same intention a few seasons back?

Written by Caroline Wilson? Why anyone at the club would share any information (irrespective of how insignificant or otherwise) is absolutely beyond me.

No one said anyone at the club shared the information. You know she’s got a direct line to League HQ. Probably told her to write as nice an article as she can after which she will be given carte blanche.

Hard to sell 65k+ membership in a 55k stadium. The move back to the G is inevitable if we are to continue to grow as a club.

maybe if 65k members tried to turn up to a fkg sunday arvo against fkg gold coast, we’d have a right to complain.

1 Like

I don’t know what the actual club by club numbers are, but AFL wide, about 15% of members have no game day access at all. Applying that average to 65k members, for example, would mean that only about 55k have match access. On top of that, we sell a lot of 3-game memberships to people who only show up ANZAC day and a couple of other big games at the G.

Imo we are years away from selling out Etihad against small or interstate teams.

We'll build a new stadium, we'll get the mexicans to pay for the stadium.

Why not? We got our drugs from them apparently

Jihad against small clubs is a must. We must crush the infidels with pure weight of numbers!!

Please don’t deport me…