Queen Elizabeth II to King Charles III

Definitely Truss. Her Maj met her once for the swearing in, and thought “fark meeting her on a weekly basis, I’m off!”

3 Likes

It’s a little odd, but I just thought about all the coins changing and how long that process will take.

6 Likes

Was just thinking about that too. Wondering what they’ll do if a republic referendum becomes imminent.

It won’t take any time at all. They will just release the 2023 coins with Charles on them. They would have the portrait ready to go already.

It’s not as if they have to recall the current coins.

2 Likes

IIRC, Australia can now have a public holiday in the next 10 days as part of the associated formalities following the Queens passing.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s called the day before the AFL Grand Final.

2 Likes

Just checked, not within 10 days.

Phew. No chance of a duplicated public holiday costing a potential day off.

1 Like

Yeah, I meant more just seeing the Elizabeth ones in circulation. There are many articles out there already outlining all the changes that will happen, it’s all very interesting.

1 Like

6 Likes

(Posted in World news but probably this thread is more appropriate)

BREAKING: Queen Elizabeth II has died

Queen Elizabeth II has died at Balmoral Palace in Scotland, at the age of 96, Buckingham Palace has announced.

She ruled for longer than any other monarch in British history and became a loved and respected figure across the globe.

Prince Charles is now King.

She stepped up to the plate 70 years ago and has devoted her life to fulfilling her commitments. A truly admirable feat. The Brits loved her & she was respected by leaders across the globe.

7 Likes

Big implications in Britain and the rest of the Commonwealth. So much will change and never be the same now.

Massive news.

6 Likes

End of the second Elizabethan age

3 Likes

Wow - just wow.
Held herself and her family together with such dignity.

The Royal Family will gradually fall into state of irrelevance on the world stage now and end up in oblivion.

I hope Andrew feels good about himself.

RIP Lizzie, most of us have only known you as our Monarch.
Long live King Charles III

3 Likes

Very sad, her health went down hill after Phillips passing, shes died broken hearted, end of a great era for the Royals.

3 Likes

I feared as much last night. Not emotionally invested in her or the monarchy , but I did hope she’d get through to notch up the century.

RIP, Elizabeth. Go well.

3 Likes

She should have her own thread

RIP Lizzie

1 Like

I hope you’re happy with yourself molly

What an amasing woman. RIP.

3 Likes

Vale Queen Elizabeth.

Not overly invested the royal family but she never wanted to step aside for Charles…

Surprisingly the media in Britain never focused on Charles and Camilla and opted more to focus on William, Kate and the kids…