Questions about Training 19th January, not a report

Yo mean Dreadlocked in, … right?

1 Like

Not sure how much he can improve at this stage. Just needs an uninterrupted run at it. Every great side has a role player or two and Myers give us real strength around the stoppages and leadership. I’d have him in the best 22.

3 Likes

If Langford and Lav have breakout seasons this year we will be a seriously good footy team.

5 Likes

If memory serves me correctly, this time last year all the intraclub practice matches has The Langford in the midfield and all and sundry were talking about how he was gonna boost the midfield. Come the season proper the club hardly gives him a sniff in senior midfield and he spends most of the year “honing his craft” in the magoos.

This is a long winded way of saying “before we get too excited, let’s see what happens “.

4 Likes

Reasonable. Correct. But beside the point.
Now is the time of year just to be happy, when nothing has gone wrong yet.

4 Likes

He was prominent in the midfield in our first loss v Adelaide. Someone at the time posted a breakdown of all the centre square setups that night and was in a lot of them from memory. A few weeks later he was dropped to the VFL. Assuming the club didn’t like what they saw and he needed to work on some things.

His other opportunity came against Brisbane if I recall and he was one of our better players in a disappointing game.

At this point of the season Langford is ready to assume the role as the next Bontempelli, and we will the premiership… Joe will win the Norm Smith, Coleman, and the moustache of the year. There is absolutely no place for realism or objectivity… Lid off…

2 Likes

From all reports Lavender is a chance for moustache of the year also.

Where are all the “Langford is a medium forward along with Stewart, Laverde and Stringer” people?

They are still here… quietly hoping they are wrong.

Even in the AFLX footage. Takes a great lead-up mark… turns… waits… waits… waits… makes decision.

2 Likes

I was one of them but we’ve got an abundance so he’s nothing but mid now.

1 Like

Np he wasn’t. Couldn’t run afterr half time. We played nearly the entire second half one short.

I was at that game.

We played nearly the entire game 18 players short.

We were horrible.

Except Essington. They could stop it dead.

Hew as particularly poor - barely put on the field in Q4 which is a key reason why midfield fell in a hole in Q4 as we couldn’t rotate.

Similar thing happened the following week against Sydney. Reasonable first half, then out of gas.

No coincidence he got dropped and I don’t think played a senior game for the rest of the year.

Say what you like about Myers but he can at least run out an AFL game through the midfield.

How do you know he was off the ground gassed?

Actually he was very good when finally released into the middle in the last quarter had about 7 touches and a couple of score involvements

Joe will win the coleman, and bases on the way he plays in big games, if Essendon make the grand final he would go close to winning the norm smith.

Regarding the tash, well he is right up there for best 70s ■■■■■ moustache. Needs to grow the handlebar tash in my opinion.

1 Like

You are caught up in your own incorrect facts. Do your research and i mean research then get on your keyboard