R.I.P Danny Frawley

For those of you keeping count: one minute was the answer. Congratulations scumbags

1 Like

Media access dispatch channels to get scoops

BREAKING: St Kilda Hall of Famer Danny ‘Spud Frawley’ has died in a car crash, a day after his 56th birthday. The latest in 7NEWS at 6pm. #AFL

#7NEWS

That is devastating. Seemed like a great guy, a saints great that was liked by everybody in the AFL community. I loved his work on the bounce too. My thoughts are with his family. He will be missed.

1 Like

A mate from Ballarat said he was battling mentally and had been living out of the family home recently. So things weren’t good for him and given it was his birthday yesterday it’s likely things unfortunately came to a head.

So sad.

Great to see they hash tagged it, so they had the best possible chance of breaking the news to his family.

Maybe a bit unfair, they are all running with it at the same time so more likely the media has given them the details. The police had just spent 10 mins with the media before the 6pm news.

■■■■■.
If it is Frawley then that’s terrible.
I’m probably one of the few that liked his banter on The Bounce with Dunstall (at least up until a few years ago).
I didn’t mind him as a coach. Really loved when he said ‘every dog has his day’ when Libba and Knights went at it in 2000 (or was it 99).
Liked his passion as a player. Always gave his all for a club littered with failure.

RIP

3 Likes

Please reach out to your friends and ask how they are going. Let’s look after each people.

6 Likes

Well said Blummers.

Vale Danny Frawley. One of the good guys associated with the AFL. You will be missed but remembered.

Horrible news. Thoughts with his family.

Sad news. I hope his family and friends have support at this terrible time.

As others have said - tragic, sad & devastating for family & friends. Thoughts are with them all.

2 Likes

That’s just ■■■■. So sad. RIP Spud

Shocking news. RIP Spud

Very sad to hear the news. Danny was a great media personality. Used to love listen to him on the MMM commentary. He was very big on men’s health and helped alot of guys struggling with anxiety and depression. Really feel for his family. He will be missed. R. I. P.

3 Likes

Yep it gets to them. My dad was a fireman and said similar. Having to use jaws of life to cut open cars and retrieve mangled bodies including children was easily the worst part of his job

1 Like

So so tragic

thought he was excellent as a special comments man on radio.
Great player too

Apparently one of his daughters works at SEN. That must have been a difficult situation