Ranking our rivarlies

I would cut my nuts off of it meant we never lost to west coast again. The worst supporters, ever. The umpires. The booing of jobe. Everything

I hate that club with a passion.

Rivalry Collingwood and Hawks

Hatred Carlton

The rest are fair distance from them on both accounts.

1. Fark Whorethorn
  2. Fark Carlscum
  3. Filth

I think for me anyway it ebbs and flows depending on where we are as a club and the opposition.

I know alot rate CArlton as our biggest rival, however at present it’s like one retard pointing and laughing at another (i know it’s insensitive, however it really is like that).
If we were both top 6 teams fighting for a flag i’d have them closer to one, however both clubs are just pitiful existences of their former glory.

For me and my lifetime however Hawthorn ranks as the number 1 rival, being born in the 80’s obviously brings that out.
they’ve also been up and about for the last 10 years so it makes being them more of a treat. that being said it was something like 5 wins out 15 plus games in that 10 years so we’ve been on the losing end in general of that one for some time now.

second would be collingwood, and the track record is pretty similar of recent years, something like 6 wins out of 20 games in the last 10 years, while they’ve been relatively high up. plus the anzac day stuff.

third would be carlton despite the first paragraph.

but like i said it ebbs and flows.
98-2002 ish would rate carlton as a bigger rival
02-06 ish collingwood probably

just cos again in those periods, just like hawthorn now, it was an achievement in beating them and both sides had something to play for, finals and premierships

I hate the Hawks: everything about them flog coach, flog players and their supporters are the biggest pack of flogs that I have ever come across. It all comes back to the 80’s and I can not wait for the day that we once again have their measure. Hopefully a few of our players have stored the jibe acted out by that little germ Sam Mitchell and look to settle the score in 2016 .

I would cut my nuts off of it meant we never lost to west coast again. The worst supporters, ever. The umpires. The booing of jobe. Everything

I hate that club with a passion.

I hear ya. Although my beloved auntie is a Perth girl who is always gracious in defeat, it also pains me to recall how wonderful the Eagles fans were when Hird and Sheedy departed. They were classy that day, which conflicts me cos they’re generally such utter scumbags of the highest order.

I hate entitlement like nothing else but West Coast supporters have it like no other club’s support. The imbalance in the success of their rivalry with Freo’s lack of it means that they’re used to lording it en masse over other opposition supporters at Subiaco Oval (Paterson’s or whatever you want to call it). With Melbourne/Victoria being the AFL melting pot, we’re a bit better at detecting what’s friendly banter and what’s being a disrespectful arsewipe. West Coast wankers just cannot handle copping ■■■■ back. It breeds a contempt in their support and it’s also no surprise that the booing Adam Goodes rubbish began with that mob of cashed up bogans.

Apologies to those in SA but I respect the WA bomber contingent more than any other wing and what they must have to put up with. Much love.

the older i get, and the longer from our last flag, my hatred wanes. now its just appreciation of what other clubs have put together. no, appreciation isnt the right word. i think its just envy. i am envious of what hawthorn have done. down here in launceston they have taken over. its like invasion of the body snatchers. you walk down the street in your dons gear only to get some mong in poo and wee stop, stare, point and screech. i think hobarts much the same but they used to point and screech at most things before hawthorn got here.

used to hate collingwood, used to hate eagles, used to hate lions, used to hate kangas. fark carlton goes without saying. but gee its fun to say anyway. fuuuuuck carlton. that was awesome. hey wherever you are now just put down your drink/nibbles/ person your conjugating with and just yell it out. go on. id do it but im at home now after being at the neighbors who is hawks and painful.

ok i do hate carlton but that should be a given. tbh our biggest rivals of late have been that empress of hate from the budgie cAGE liner and the afl. thats where all my energy goes. and trying to conjugate. with anyone.

and thats why i came home.

happy 2016.

The saddest thing about this thread is what our club has become. Other clubs dont give a crap about us especially on the field, and they hate us getting attention off the field because we are irrelevant.

Id love to have a rivalry against Hawks etc but we are just a joke at the moment.

“Empress of hate”. Love it!

I find this thread strangely therapeutic.

The saddest thing about this thread is what our club has become. Other clubs dont give a crap about us especially on the field, and they hate us getting attention off the field because we are irrelevant.

Id love to have a rivalry against Hawks etc but we are just a joke at the moment.

Really?
Personally, I find it much much sadder when Bomber supporters belittle our club and think that the measure of greatness is purely weighed in wins vs losses, reset per annum.

The measure of success is not in the win loss ratio shown:

Columns = Seniors - Reserves - U/19s - Night - Total
Essendon 16 8 5 6 35
Carlton 16 8 6 4 34
Melbourne 12 12 6 3 33
Richmond 10 9 11 1 31
Collingwood 15 7 4 2 28
Hawthorn 13 4 1 9 27
Geelong 9 13 1 2 25
North Melbourne 4 7 7 5 23
Fitzroy 8 3 2 2 15
Western Bulldogs / Footscray (1925–1996) 1 6 1 4 12
Sydney / South Melbourne (1897–1981) 5 0 1 4 10
St Kilda 1 3 1 4 9
Adelaide 2 – – 2 4
Brisbane Lions 3 – – 1 4
West Coast 3 – – 0 3
Port Adelaide 1 – – 2 3
Brisbane Bears 0 1 – 0 1
Fremantle 0 – – 0 0
Gold Coast 0 – – 0 0
Greater Western Sydney 0 – – 0 0
University 0 — — — 0

Essendon still lead this.

The measure of success is how the club is perceived throughout the community, how the board flawlessly interacts with the committee, the coaches, the supporters and the players.

Essendon have fallen a long way on these grounds and I personally have no love for the board, which I believed sold us out in August 2013 for optics. Given what I called them in an email sent at the time, it’s a wonder they kept me as a member.

But anyway more importantly - Fark Carlton.
I’ve never forgiven them for 1908 where we only lost the flag due to poor kicking. My great, great, great, great (exaggerating much), great, great grandfather hinted at poor supporter attitude from the Scum, of gloating braggarts and of brown paper bags being handed aver the fence to players after the siren. The swine.

Good list, but has nothing on this harshly gurged one from a while ago.
My Hate Ladder 2014 (and reasons):

Carlton reigning premiers and undefeated for the past 35 years. My hatred for them grows year on year.
Convicted salary cheats.
99 preliminary maybe the lowest point of my life.
Involved in sorry saga according to ASADA yet nothing from AFL commission?
■■■■ ignorant supporters - last year overheard 2 Bluesers bemoaning Casboult for his lack of clearances.
Pea heart players like Murphy and Gibbs.

Hawthorn very unlucky not to snag a flag and perennial grand finalists. Stole our mantle for best indigenous players.
Dermott as a player, commentator and person - ■■■■ is is so self important and he actually knows sweet ■■■■ all (opposed to Dunstall who is one of the best commentators).
■■■■ and ■■■■ club whose supporters talk ■■■■ even when they aren’t ■■■■■■.
Line in the sand (we still smashed them).
Line in the Sewell (we still smashed them)
Probably did peds and definitely did pills.
Jeff Kennett & Dermott (yeah he gets 2 mentions).

Geelong for family reasons push them up a bit.
Inbred supporters like Cameron Ling sired half the population.
Most of their fans have obviously only been watching footy for the last 10 years with this greatest team of all - before then they were a pack of pea hearts and perennial losers.
Greatest player ever did a heap of drugs and (allegedly) killed a girl.

Collingwood are literally the lowest common denominator.
Eddie I just hate him and his friend Sarah.
Their players like to drink and drive.

North Melbourne have made a pretend rivalry somehow became real (I never gave a fuck about these nobodies but their very few fans keep on banging on about our rivalry I now hate them).
Last years final also hurt.
Best player ever was a ■■■■ head who shagged his mates wife (I would only expect this from a Manc).
I hold them partially responsible for the ■■■■ head Vlad.
Probably can’t afford drugs.

West Coast definitely took drugs and lots of them but somehow never tested positive under the outstanding ASADAs watchful eyes.
Yet their ■■■■ supporters boo’d Jobe.
Most people from Perth are ■■■■ heads and any Eagles game is proof.

Port Adelaide were big ladder movers this past year with Judas Ryders defection and Kochie the ■■■■ wit talking tough every other week.
Also have the unfortunate mantle of the ugliest supporters from the ugliest city in Australia).

Sydney have generally get the best run with umpires since Dunkley eye gouging Hird & Pluggers point in 1996.
Roos also ■■■■■■ them up with boring game plan and I am so sick of bloods culture - bring on the crips.

Richmond just had to be 9th.
Biggest bandwagon jumpers in the league lose a couple and more people turn up to agoraphobia convention, win a couple and they are hiring planes to Adelaide.
Convicted PED cheats.

St Kilda still have more rapists than premierships. Feral supporters.

Melbourne are a disgrace of a club who should just fold so they can ski all season and we can enjoy our footy without these silver spoons.
Somehow they manage to regularly upset us between is smashing them.

Adelaide have the least knowledgeable fans in football.

Brisbane because 2001 is still in recent memory and they blood doped in 2001.

Gold Coast also drugs (according to ASADA).

Western Bulldogs only because they ruined a perfect season in 2000.

Fremantle because they have a ■■■■ jumper.

I kinda like Greater Western Sydney & Sheeds was there for a fair while.

This!!

Really?
Personally, I find it much much sadder when Bomber supporters belittle our club and think that the measure of greatness is purely weighed in wins vs losses, reset per annum.

Whatever. Talk about having blinkers on.

It takes 2 to have a rivalry and other clubs arent interested except maybe Carlton, Melbourne and St Kilda. It’s a pretty sad state of affairs and has been for over 10 years, the club has just about been cleaned out of good Essendon people.

But sure, our only problems are onfield and who cares about footy anyway.