Rath but no Rish Podcast

do they only put these things out after a win now?

3 Likes

latest episode with Nick Hind

Parish got cork during last weeks game
playing it day by day, its pretty sore see how feeling Friday hopefully get up.

Rish not realky listening to Heppells rave before match.

Rath - gala dinner good night, hungry ti achieve something like the past playera have achieved.

This week is Nick Hind cup. against Saints

2nd in bounces behind Saad (62 Hind 27) Shai Bolton 3rd
3rd in average bounces (Zach WIlliams 2nd)

Hind played TAC but broke collar bone after 4 matches and didnt play TAC again.
went back to play in Ballarat - played with Dan Jordan (He kicked 100)
Dan Jordan went to Essendon
Worked at local footy for 2 years, won a B&F
Then Played for Ballarat and Dan Jordan said he should play VFL, was skinny back then 65kgs wringing wet. Travelled up and back for a year from Ballarat, then moved down.
Still didnt think about being drafted until his 3rd year of VFL.
Went to saints as a running defender. ended up playing small forward - never played in life. Kicked a few goals early, then found it tough second year. wanted to play half back, happy to come back to Essendon to be able to do that.
Hind did a plumbing apprenticeship, took on a couple of VFL boys as apprentices. Leader amongst plumbers.
One of worst days - Older lady had left manhole open under the house and all these possums got in, and dogs gone in and tore them all apart. He had to drag them all out.

McGrath had OCD as a kid.
Risha pretty relaxed

Hindy loves clothes/shoes - hoarder, more clothes than his partner (partner plays in VFLW half forward) Pair of shoes a week

4 Likes

The biggest take away;

Voss will be back at training and the boys have noted that tackling training will be scary.

3 Likes

Ha, I’m no fashion expert but I would NOT have picked this.

I also did not post images of NatMac’s dress to the 150th event because Blitz would have lost their minds. Maybe it would help swell the crowd for the Semi Final this Sunday though…

1 Like

RISH

RATH

Needs more LER

2 Likes

RISH

RATH

I WAS TAKIN’ A BATH

1 Like

Mc THE KNIFE

can’t wait for the ngus and lion podcast

Draper guest on this weeks podcast
Talked about when drafted, rocked up to the club after 3 days of schoolies on the gold coast, as didnt think was a chance for the draft.
Pre draft diet was frozen pizzas, 2 minute noodles and toasted sandwiches, has improved since then
Truck went to school with his brothers.
Mcgrath did a training session with the AFLW girls saturday, rather than solo running session.

Where is Drapes from Originally? He’s not an Aussie by birth?

Adelaide by birth, played football (soccer) in England as a teenager I believe?

Folks are unaccustomed to hearing English spoken properly.

1 Like

Sussex in England iirc. Think he came to ADL when he was around 10yo. Went to Reynella East High School and started playing footy at 17.

yeh discussed in podcast
Dad is Aussie, Mum UK (Dad had 2 kids in Aus then split up original marriage) went to UK met Drapes Mum, had him, plan to go back to Aussie, but did not go until he was 8-9
Still had accent British accent while in Adelaide
But when moved in with Kobe Mutch, lost his accent, and gained Aussie bogan one off Kobe.
Man U Fan Rooney etc, wanted to play soccer and be a professional soccer player
played Centre back in Soccer, but all school mates played footy so eventually gave it a crack in year 12. played 4 local level games then spotted and played last half of the season with South Adelaide. Had some interest from recruiters, but most thought he was a year off being draftable and expected to be playing another year of footy in SA.

2 Likes

Could have sworn when he was first drafted with us too he still had a British accent to a degree

1 Like