Rd 16: Ess v The Other Tin Rattlers A.K.A Kangaroos

Myers is out for a few weeks yet, Hocking will probably require another game at VFL level given his setback this past week. We don’t have many alternatives.

Hmm… NOB will find Cunnington a class above Jones and given that Goldstein is a top ruckman, we will need hammer to the North Mids at the stoppages

Myers is out for a few weeks yet, Hocking will probably require another game at VFL level given his setback this past week. We don’t have many alternatives.

Hmm… NOB will find Cunnington a class above Jones and given that Goldstein is a top ruckman, we will need hammer to the North Mids at the stoppages

Would have thought it was the other way around.

Jones is a far better player IMO.

I personally think we will get belted. But im hoping im wrong.

The third quarter yesterday showed promise that they started to believe a bit in themselves again. But it was all undone again in the last term and thank god we held on. We are a young team and will take time to gel for those younger players.

Giles and Pears are competing against Stein, Gwilt and Ambrose for a spot. It’s unlikely we will drop a small for an extra tall. I think Giles will be needed if only to keep a consistent contest in the ruck and allow Smack to run out the whole game. We will lose against Goldstein no matter what we do, but there’s a chance we won’t be dominated.

Baguley must have the Higgins match-up and Hibberd goes to Boomer.

If you play Langford, you can afford to have Hooker back on Brown, with Hurley on Petrie and Gwilt on Waite.

We might get smashed but if we keep that same intensity we might come away with the win.

as long as they reward the same 22 with another game I will be happy.

hope Browny pulls up ok.

Giles would get beaten anyway. Tell Smack don’t worry about getting beaten, just harass, harass, harass! Shark the taps Sandilands style.

Can't stand them. But sadly don't think we'll get close based on this weekend's form.

Lindsay “The Ducker” Thomas was out this week. Probably been to a NIDA weekend workshop to polish up his acting method for next Friday night.

I know its going to infuriate me when his knees give way and he throws his head back at the slightest touch. I will say no more.

Can't stand them. But sadly don't think we'll get close based on this weekend's form.

Would love to return the favour…but if Hooker’s treatment yesterday is anything to go by good luck!

All we can’t ask is for effort and that is what we got yesterday. Conditions helped yesterday but I think it’s a tough ask. However if they give maximum effort and that will be seen through the tackling then I will be happy if we walk off having given effort. Tackling count until the end of the year should be the key statistic we should monitor.

If we’re trying blokes is Aylett a chance? For Browne?

If we're trying blokes is Aylett a chance? For Browne?

Aylett didn’t play the last VFL game. I haven’t seen an explanation for that anywhere.

Simon Madden must have kittens every time he watches our ‘ruck work’ .

Seeing Ambrose as a ruckman is just hideous.

Time for Giles.

If I was selecting the team I’d bring in Giles and Dalgleish for Steinberg and Browne.

Move Hooker back, and settle Smack into the forward line, changing in the ruck.

Ideally I’d like to give Stein another go, especially up forward, but not enough spots to go around. For the record I don’t think Giles will get picked.

Browne surely stays if he isn’t concussed…

Out: Browne (inj), Ambrose
In: Hocking. Giles.

I love Ambrose’s hardness/physicallity, but I’d like to see the Giles, Smack (CHF) combo in action, and release Hooker to do what he does best in Def.

I also reckon we’ll do Norf,they have been pretenders since Carey literally screwed north. Good odds, get on them.