Rd 17: Team v St Kilda - Woosha gives us the Bird

Well done to Bird. Hope he has a ripper of a game.

26 Likes

Who is this guy?

It’s Stallion

8 Likes

In the giph?

It’s disappointing to see jobe rested but we’re better off resting him than getting a repeat of his performance against the crows. It’s the second short break in a row so it’s probably good management.

Once you accept that it’s a question of form and choosing between Langford, Howlett, Hocking and bird as an inside mid replacement. If they’ve decided to run a hard tag on Steven or Ross selecting bird makes sense. If bird comes in and free wheels while Steven racks up 30 plus and Langford rots in the twos I’ll spew up.

Bird deserves his shot as much as Howlett, Myers and Hocking have so I don’t begrudge him getting the opportunity.

He had better tag someone though.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly how I imagine Stallion looks like.

2 Likes

We have gone for speed

3 Likes

So we are not out to win games of football…is that where we are going wrong.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure that’s the aim of the game…to win.

3 Likes

I kinda like the idea of getting a look at the midfield with bird in the mix. He offers something different.

8 Likes

We bring in a 28 year old,saints bring in a school kid… how farked is our list

Honestly thought this post was going to go a completely different direction.

25 Likes

Ricky Nixon !!! Lol

I especially like how they waited till Bird was down on form before selecting him.

19 Likes

Flies in the face of earning your spot tbh.

1 Like

Stinks of last game before being loaded into the J Merrett cannon to never-again-ville.

11 Likes

Good luck to Bird. He needs it as much in here, as he does out there tomorrow night. Glad for the guy. Give it a RHG.

3 Likes

I reckon you could be onto something @ivan, Seb was huge in the Saints win against the Tigers (see below). If Bird can bring him down to more average figures, it could be a game changer.

Sebastian Ross K18 H15 D33 M4 T8 G1 GA2 CP10 UCP22 DE 75.8% CM4 CLR5 R50 2 I50 5 AF134
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2017/16/stk-v-rich

1 Like