Rd. 23: Essendon vs Richmond

In: N'Obrien (Take hockings spot), Fletcher

Out: Hocking, Hardingham 

Not too sure what to expect with JD and TBC

@ Outsider

I don't think anyone is worried about the Richmond supporters booing Jobe because you'll all be too busy booing your own!

:P

Seriously though, good post bud. I just hope it's a good game.

Kommer having his hand operated on today. Can he get up for this one?

I've said this in other threads but we simply can't play Fletch if the game is for no points. Would be a farce and Fletch deserves better.

Either he retires equal games holder with Madden and the club puts on a function to celebrate at a later date or he plays on next year and we build it up for round 1.

In: N'Obrien (Take hockings spot), Fletcher

Out: Hocking, Hardingham 

Not too sure what to expect with JD and TBC

Hardingham has done enough the past couple of weeks to keep his spot. He also gives us flexibility if we lose a player during the game. Can play forward/back, tall/small.

hocking gets two weeks

can accept one with early plea

hocking gets two weeks
can accept one with early plea

Should get 2 just for the fact he didn't hit him hard enough.

Fletch wont play.

IN Licha, Colyer, Dell, Hams all in the mix
OUT Kommer( inj), Hocking(susp), evidently Fletch has a slight knock to the hammy as well and is OUT!

Fletch wont play.

Injured hammie.

Out: Kommer (hand), Hocking (susp.)

In: Winderlich, NOB

B: Pears Carlisle Baguley

HB: Dalgleish Hooker Hibberd

C: Stanton Watson Zaharakis

HF: Goddard Hurley Crameri

F: Winderlich Daniher Merrett

R: Ryder Myers Melksham

I/C: Hardingham, Howlett, NOB, 

Sub: Davey

It's a shame we couldn't get Hille to 200 games like Kozi. But we were in a fairly different position in his last season so gifting games was never an option. All in all, would be great to see Hille get a farewell game!

Sorry, got to win games on form. Belly was good in the VFL, among the best, he comes back in. Big Dave has been a very loyal servant of the club, but you shouldn't get games in our current situtaion based on sentiment, no matter how noble the cause.

FWIW, Hille's game was better than Bellchamber's.

Is Winders really in contention? I thought he was on the sidelines for the home and away.

Is Winders really in contention? I thought he was on the sidelines for the home and away.

I was under the same impression, and there is no way they should take any sort of risk with him.

I was under the same impression, and there is no way they should take any sort of risk with him.

Having said that, IF he had winders / hurley / crammers floating around up forward, we could be dangerous. Winders adds so, so much.

Out: Kommer (hand), Hocking (susp.)
In: Winderlich, NOB

B: Pears Carlisle Baguley
HB: Dalgleish Hooker Hibberd
C: Stanton Watson Zaharakis
HF: Goddard Hurley Crameri
F: Winderlich Daniher Merrett
R: Ryder Myers Melksham

I/C: Hardingham, Howlett, NOB, 
Sub: Davey

Not NOB, I suggest Hams but would actually prefer Browne.

Actually, I really don’t think Richmond will want to put too much into this game.

Dare I say, they won’t be at all unhappy if they drop the game.

Lets face it, 6th is a good position for them, playing against Port at the G first week of the finals (without Wingard?).

Why bust your hump to finish 5th, and have to play your bogey team in Carlton, or a very dangerous NM.

I think they’ll rest Jack, and we might pinch another close victory.

What an unusual last round we have…

Apart from our game (likely dead rubber).

Sydney v Hawthorn has nothing in it.

Hawks can’t drop out of Top 2, and Sydney probably can’t force their way in, even if Geelong inexplicably lose to Bris.

Coll won’t be as determined as the Kangaroos,though they won’t want to lose any recent momentum built.

Final ladder finish wont concern the Pies as much, as they’ll feel comfortable playing any opponent from 5-11(whoever gets in).

The Geelong game is still a live game for both sides, but hard to see Bris getting within 5-6 goals in that one.

Port have nothing at all to play for.

Can only finish 7th.

Carlton can take the dreaded 9th(actually 8th)place, if they can somehow recover from a disappointing loss to us last week.

One suspects, the mental game will be the hardest to deal with for them.

Reconciling that they are a worthy finalist even getting in by default.

It’s the most unusual and stale last round of football I can remember.

Winderlich won't play - Missed 3 with a hammy - Only lasted 1 1/2 quarters - And this time has only missed 2.

Actually, I really don't think Richmond will want to put too much into this game.
Dare I say, they won't be at all unhappy if they drop the game.
Lets face it, 6th is a good position for them, playing against Port at the G first week of the finals (without Wingard?).
Why bust your hump to finish 5th, and have to play your bogey team in Carlton, or a very dangerous NM.
I think they'll rest Jack, and we might pinch another close victory.
What an unusual last round we have.......
Apart from our game (likely dead rubber).
Sydney v Hawthorn has nothing in it.
Hawks can't drop out of Top 2, and Sydney probably can't force their way in, even if Geelong inexplicably lose to Bris.
Coll won't be as determined as the Kangaroos,though they won't want to lose any recent momentum built.
Final ladder finish wont concern the Pies as much, as they'll feel comfortable playing any opponent from 5-11(whoever gets in).
The Geelong game is still a live game for both sides, but hard to see Bris getting within 5-6 goals in that one.
Port have nothing at all to play for.
Can only finish 7th.
Carlton can take the dreaded 9th(actually 8th)place, if they can somehow recover from a disappointing loss to us last week.
One suspects, the mental game will be the hardest to deal with for them.
Reconciling that they are a worthy finalist even getting in by default.
It's the most unusual and stale last round of football I can remember.

That's a pretty good summation, especially the last bit. 

It almost seems that for everybody involved in AFL at the moment, the end of season 2013 can't come quick enough.  

There may be more than one change. Both Crameri and Hurley looked like they were carrying injuries. Melksham also looked very proppy after a hard knock. I would replace Hocking with another hard body in Lovett-Murray.