Rd. 23: Essendon vs Richmond

who gives a fark really. its gonna be for nothin

Last week was for nothing and i cried.

These victories are some of the most famous and emotional.

If we win we'd have made it to 5th on the ladder, but only if Collingwood loses to north Melbourne.

Otherwise we make it to 6th

If we lose we've had made it to 7th.

If they strip points then it's all for nothing.

richmond have plenty to play for. finish 6th and they will likely face a trip to perth in wk 2.Alternatively i reckon they'd prefer to play a faltering sydney than the cats.

licha will not play unless he is retiring.

give hille a send of please, he deserves it ( i am presuming he will not go round again but frankly i'd be happen to have him as back up for another year if he wants too. NLM likewise.

wouldn't mind another look at hams and why not promote steinberg and just give him a crack for the hell of it. play him up forward or switch him with carlisle.

kinda all depends whether crameri and hurls are going to get up. both strike me as the kind of guys who are going to want to play.

yeah they should play Hille and Davey

yeah they should play Hille and Davey

Did Hille get reported (and suspended) in the VFL this week?

NLM for Heath and Del for Kommer, though i dont want either to miss the VFL elim final next Sunday.

I'm a Storm fan. I've been on this ride before.

Helps a little.

Beating Carlton is never for nothing.

Bring Fletch in and rest him one out in the goalsquare. He can probably still kick 60 metres with a strained hammy.

Hille suspended for one week in the VFL, so no farewell game for him sadly.

You would think NLM would get a last game surely, especially now Hocking and Kommer out and queries on others.

Surprised by the attitude of some in this thread. I can't understand why you want us to throw in the towel this weekend because we may not be playing finals.

If we get smashed by the AFL this week and our board decide not to pursue things in the courts, we have one way of sticking it up the AFL and everyone else.

I want to see us give this game a massive crack and that starts at the selection table. Best available 22.

Take our points, take our coach, take our doctor, but you'll never take our soul.
If last week's win meant a lot, and things turn out as people are suspecting they will, a win this week will be huge, maybe the biggest and most emotional. Get there, support the team, support Jobe and hang around after the game until the boys leave the arena.

We can't play Steinberg. Who for?

Spot on.  Have a read of Talking Carlton.  That makes the win worthwhile.

Sad news about David Hille, tremendous EFC club man over many years, hopefully plays in the VFL finals at least
and maybe go on for 1 more year? may need to if Tbel goes to GWS
agree consider NLM,Licha, Hams, Dell, Colyer and Steinberg should all be in the mix to cover the injured/suspended players kommer, heater, rumours swirling on fitness of hurls???, crammers???, get Davey to 100 even as sub

Spot on.  Have a read of Talking Carlton.  That makes the win worthwhile.

just seeing the faces of the carlton fans after the game made it worth it. Seeing Mick's presser made it worth it.  That win will live long in the memory as far as I am concerned.

Imagine we were to beat Richmond the week before they play finals, then they get rolled first week of finals. Imagine the look on poor old KB and Patrick Smiths face, not too mention John Ralph's face.

Part of me wants to hear the Tigers flogs booing Jobe...about 12 times a quarter at least.

Wholesale changes required, can’t risk key players for next year.

IN: KAV! Browne, Obrien, Steinberg, Davis, Dell, Hille, Hunter, Jetta, Ashby, Hams, Van Unen

OUT: Watson, Goddard, Stanton, Zaka, Crameri, Ryder, Hibbered, Carlisle, Bagguley, Hocking, Myers, Melksham

Wholesale changes required, can't risk key players for next year.
IN: KAV! Browne, Obrien, Steinberg, Davis, Dell, Hille, Hunter, Jetta, Ashby, Hams, Van Unen
OUT: Watson, Goddard, Stanton, Zaka, Crameri, Ryder, Hibbered, Carlisle, Bagguley, Hocking, Myers, Melksham

Steinberg can't play seniors, Hunter is injured, Hille got suspended and no one noticed. And you forgot Gregory, Gumby (?), Colyer (?), and NATRAT!
Otherwise, why the fark not?