Recommend me some songs

Boris the spider.the who.good fun song.

When my cousin was 6 or so, she loved Maggots by Gwar.

I'm hoping to find some more musical common ground between my three year old daughter and me for trips in the car. My one year old son doesn't seem to care.

She loves Bob Marley (eg. Three Little Birds, One Love, Bufallo Soldier), digs on the Cure (eg. The Love Cats) and The Beatles (eg. Octopus's Garden, Yellow Submarine).

What songs can you recommend that adults and kids can enjoy together.

Get the night at the Roxbury cd or the best of Michael Jackson. I don’t have either on my iPod but they get the car pumping for those long drives. Also stops you wanting to throw the wiggles into a paddock after the 10th ■■■■■■■ time.

Blues brothers soundtrack

How about David Bowie’s FIVE YEARS!!! :smiley:

Jnr diggers #1 liked Clash City Rockers and White Riot when he was younger. Now he likes Fetty Wap. You can’t control these things.

My 4YO loves Come Anytime by Hoodoo Gurus, also 1000 Miles Away. Other faves are 500 Miles (Proclaimers), Happy (Pharrell Williams) and Brave (dunno who, but can’t win 'em all). Thankfully he’s pretty much over the Frozen thing, which he unfortunately picked up at kindy.

Thankfully he's pretty much over the Frozen thing, which he unfortunately picked up at kindy.

My daughter is now five (she was three when I started this thread). She’s far from over Frozen. I wish she would let it go.

Everytime I see the picture of that Trumpet player^^ … I initially think. “Fk … is that Sean Penn?” …

Funnily enough my daughter was obsessed with Bob Marley at that age. Since then I’ve found that there seems to be at least 1 random song that she might like on any album I play. Variously she’s been obsessed with everything from tuneyards to the decemberists to abba (not my fault!).

But these days her main choice is ACDC turned up loud.

My daughter at three has an obsession with Queen’s Another One Bites The Dust.

My kids, who have all made it to adulthood now, loved “Into the Valley” by the 70s Scottish punk band “The Skids”. At the time I had no idea what the lyrics were about and I was unaware it had been adopted by National Front skinhead types who pogo danced along to its catchy tune with regular fisted nazi salutes. I just thought it was a great car song. In retrospect it does sound a bit martial.

My 3yr old grandson loves nothing better than a Virgil Donati drum solo!

Bit of crunchy pop rock is always good for the lil’ns, catchy choruses!
None do it better than weezer =w=:

When l was three, popular music as such was ■■■■■■ horrible. We had the likes of Mitch Miller and that was about it. l remember thinking at the time how boring music on the radio was, and wanting somebody to come and invent something better, something with a bit of meat to the beat. Hey presto, rock and roll arrived.

You remember stuff from when you were 3?

When I was three I learnt not to poo my pants. Sort of.

When I was 4or 5 it was dire straits for me all the way and not because my parents liked it.