Recruitment of a ruckman

With paddy almost certainly gone, we sure as hell need another ruck on the list. If belly goes down, we’re not going to want to rely on thurlow or daniher full time.

Even if paddy stays, we still need another on the list

On the proviso paddy is gone, surely we have to look at someone who’s been in the system a few years or at worst, a mature aged state league ruck.

Whos available?

Lobbe wants out. Apparantly will struggle to get back in this year and the club have told him he will play second fiddle to Paddy next year. They both wont play as Port are looking at bringing in some pace and Lobbe would just play ressies

Sounds like absolute BS to me

Development yo

Bellchambers, Mckernan and Giles, then add Gach Nyuon.

Well that answers that then. Pick 45 = 205cm kid.

Do we still need thread?

I know there was talk that Bellchambers was carrying injuries but his lack of mobility is a concern. He’s probably looking for a new home at the Swans but can’t make the move because of their free agency restrictions. Hopefully, Sydney and the AFL sort out their differences and Essendon get a good pick?

Bellchambers, Mckernan and Giles, then add Gach Nyuon.

Rather we go for kruuuuzzzlol. Still got a bit of talent IMO.

We won't be paying out 100% of the cap in 2016 so I see no reason why we can't pay out & delist Giles (& Kommer if deemed a lost cause) to make some more room on list; assuming of course we land the berger or smith.

I agree and you can add Cooney to the payout list if cap space allows

Not sure how Coons would feel about you saying that… this might give a clue.

Adam Cooney ‏@Adamcooney13 1d1 day ago
Wooossshhh. What’s that sound? It’s the sound of the bombers flying up the ladder in 2016. #nailedit welcome to the club. #onwardsandupwards

We won't be paying out 100% of the cap in 2016 so I see no reason why we can't pay out & delist Giles (& Kommer if deemed a lost cause) to make some more room on list; assuming of course we land the berger or smith.

I agree and you can add Cooney to the payout list if cap space allows

Leuenberger reminds me of Josh Fraser from Collingwood. Both overrated, recruited with early picks in their draft years, injury prone and both never realised their potential.

No thanks.

THIS

Yeah, nah. Loony’s body may be cooked now but back when he was younger he showed genuine quality in the ruck and had a good footy brain to go with it. Even if he could only stay on the park for a month.

Fraser always looked out of his depth and even if injury did hamper him I didn’t see many signs that he had that much potential to begin with. Leuenberger looked like he had the potential to be a gun in his early years.

I guess the injury prone part of the comparison is apt though.

Leuenberger reminds me of Josh Fraser from Collingwood. Both overrated, recruited with early picks in their draft years, injury prone and both never realised their potential.

No thanks.

THIS

would rather Giles than either of Loonie or Zac Smith

If Ambrose was ever played as CHF this year then maybe we could have seen his value. He just needs to be set in one position not 3 or 4 or in the ruck:

Bench.

Need 1-2 more rucks on the list.

Is big Tagliabue up to it?

Tags please.

Can Belly ruck majority of a game on his own? Get Belly Fully fit + 1-2 backups

late national or pre season draft some spud who can chop out for belly if needed

rookie someone like jenkins

shouldn't use the ryder trade to get a ruckman, when it could be used to get a gun mid

Gorringe from GC is an option.