Recruitment of a ruckman

Going to be one hell of an off season for the ruck division. Competition between them will be fierce and will drive them to be better. Hopefully they don’t break each other before R1.

Great signing by Essendon. Very capable ruckman but issue has been injuries. It seems that he has moved on from those issues, which can only mean good things for us. Can mark, can kick, can give midfielders first use, is mobile and will flourish under a good midfield.
Maybe but had a better midfield at Brisbane.

How many brownlow medallists are in the Brisbane midfield ? I’m not convinced that the bottom side have a better midfield than us. We did have many injured players in the midfield in 2015.

How many brownlow medallists are in the Brisbane midfield ? I'm not convinced that the bottom side have a better midfield than us. We did have many injured players in the midfield in 2015.
So does that mean we have a better midfield than Hawthorn because Jobe won a Brownlow? That's just stupid. Easier for a midfielder to win a Brownlow if he doesn't have other midfielders in the team taking votes of him. By the way I rate Beams, Hanley, Redden, Rich, Rockliff, Zorko and Christensen above our midfield.

Done!

Anyone tell me if we talked to Dan Currie at all?

Is he the brother of Indian? :slight_smile:

but…but…no one ever wants to come to us.

AFL website reporting that Gold Coast take away Currie.
How many brownlow medallists are in the Brisbane midfield ? I'm not convinced that the bottom side have a better midfield than us. We did have many injured players in the midfield in 2015.
So does that mean we have a better midfield than Hawthorn because Jobe won a Brownlow? That's just stupid. Easier for a midfielder to win a Brownlow if he doesn't have other midfielders in the team taking votes of him. By the way I rate Beams, Hanley, Redden, Rich, Rockliff, Zorko and Christensen above our midfield.

Such a good midfield that they finished on the bottom of the ladder. You stated that Brisbane’s midfield was superior to ours. I suggested it wasn’t. Nothing to do with Hawthorn.

I don't see Tbell leuenberger and McKernan working in the same side. McKernan is not a natural chf for mine and did well this year playing ruck and contesting once the ball was in play. He isn't a natural tap ruck man.

I think tom, when in form, has the most upside out of the three as he can ruck and be a danger up forward.

I don’t mind the idea of rotating Mckernan and bellchambers. They can both kick a goal. Leuenberger would be backup in the case of injuries so why we’d give him 3 years is beyond me. All the best to him however and I hope he stuns us and turns on the best form and injury free run in his career.

Would you think with Carlisle going that McKernan would still play, but not as a ruckman?

AFL website reporting that Gold Coast take away Currie.

Reckon he’s the one we should have targeted. Time will tell.

I guess that means Stanton is staying. Otherwise we wouldn’t have ventured into the FA market.

leun would have to be an improvement on t-bel surely?

Well between the 2 they should manage about 12 games - so hopefully Ambrose is only rucking for less than half the year
Good pick up imo

but...but...no one ever wants to come to us.

Think there are another 3 threads where you can post this comment if you like.

I’ve said it for a long time, the only thing missing from making us a premiership threat is Matt Leuenberger.

I've said it for a long time, the only thing missing from making us a premiership threat is Matt Leuenberger.

Leuenburger2Cooney

but...but...no one ever wants to come to us.

Think there are another 3 threads where you can post this comment if you like.

Kept it to the relvent threads and made my point about those that spend their time sooking in these threads.

Now this has happened I’d be thanking Giles and paying out his contract. And I’d be looking to recruit a young ruckman to develop.

I wanted him instead of gumby all those years ago. Finally!

Yes, I remember he was talked up as the next Dean Cox in a day when Cox was absolutely destroying the rest of the competition as a mobile ruckman.
A great pick up. Hope he can stay injury free to show us what he can do.

(small forward, tall forward, pace in midfield etc). I see it as this simple

Why do I have little faith we will add this stuff.

It will be Cory Del type, a 191 cm forward and someone the pace of Kav.

I share this cynicism.