Recruitment of a ruckman

(small forward, tall forward, pace in midfield etc). I see it as this simple

Why do I have little faith we will add this stuff.

It will be Cory Del type, a 191 cm forward and someone the pace of Kav.

I share this cynicism.
Way too cynical guys. Do you even have facts to base this on? If the last 10 years has shown you anything it is that we recruit tall forwards and pacey midfielders. Look at our speed though the middle: Myers, Hocking, Howlett, Watson, Stanton. PACE!!!!!!!!!

Confirmed he has picked us. Just paperwork now.

I don't see Tbell leuenberger and McKernan working in the same side. McKernan is not a natural chf for mine and did well this year playing ruck and contesting once the ball was in play. He isn't a natural tap ruck man.

I think tom, when in form, has the most upside out of the three as he can ruck and be a danger up forward.

I don’t mind the idea of rotating Mckernan and bellchambers. They can both kick a goal. Leuenberger would be backup in the case of injuries so why we’d give him 3 years is beyond me. All the best to him however and I hope he stuns us and turns on the best form and injury free run in his career.

McKernan needs to watch some Roughead vids, seems like he’s got some confidence and certainly ability, could take the arc and make it hostile for us.

Smack is more Roughhead than Roughhead - he just don’t know it yet.

He is a RFA is he not? Meaning it’s 90% done rather than 99%

He is a RFA is he not? Meaning it’s 90% done rather than 99%

Yeah, but I reckon if Brisbane matched the offer we’d let them keep him.

Lions don’t seem to be in a hurry. Any chance they would be considering matching our offer or are they just making us sweat?

5.14PM: LIONS FURIOUS AT LEUENBERGER COMPO
Another day, another club fumes about compensation for losing a free agent.
This time it’s reportedly the Brisbane Lions who are upset by pick 39 being offered by the AFL if ruckman Matthew Leuenberger walks to Essendon. Suggestions are the Lions might match the Bombers’ offer to the restricted free agent.

5.14PM: LIONS FURIOUS AT LEUENBERGER COMPO Another day, another club fumes about compensation for losing a free agent. This time it's reportedly the Brisbane Lions who are upset by pick 39 being offered by the AFL if ruckman Matthew Leuenberger walks to Essendon. Suggestions are the Lions might match the Bombers' offer to the restricted free agent.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-13/live-whos-on-the-move-on-day-two-of-trade-period

We better not be handing both our 2nd round picks to Saints and Lions

If they match the deal, good on them. There’s nothing against us saying “we were only interested for free. Peace out.”

PSD? We’ll see if they really want him then.

And the Lions wonder why no one wants to stay and play for them. Idiots.

So if they match it and we decline goes that mean he will have to stay at Brisbane?

So if they match it and we decline goes that mean he will have to stay at Brisbane?

Nah doesn’t have stay there, he can reject the offer and nominate for the draft. (PSD I’d assume)

If they do decide to match the offer, then I’d say play hard ball and say we wouldn’t entertain a trade at all!
He can stay their according to our contract or he chooses to enter PSD.

Is it lets shaft Essendon trade period?

And if he enters the PSD we could draft him or he could get picked up again by the Lions before us, where they’ll lock him in a dungeon and force him to play until his dodgy knees give out for good…

Lions will ■■■■ and moan and then do nothing.

According to Leunberger’s manager he is moving for not more than the average AFL wage.

Will probably end up a third rounder.

According to Leunberger's manager he is moving for not more than the average AFL wage.

Will probably end up a third rounder.

Then Lions have really screwed themselves if their compo pick would have been a 2nd rounder.