Recruitment of a ruckman

Think we should trade for Gorringe (after we convince him to come), 2nd-3rd round draft pick (probs 2nd from Paddy trade). Then senior list 1 of Baulderstone or Darcy Cameron, and rookie list the other with Conlon. Not sure if we keep Thurlow.
Would give us immediate ruck coverage and development potential. Conlon (if he's currently still healthy??) you take the rookie risk on for potential, he'd be more a Fwd (occasional ruck) prospect.

Conlon is much more a forward than a ruck.

And I think he managed one game this year.

Think we should trade for Gorringe (after we convince him to come), 2nd-3rd round draft pick (probs 2nd from Paddy trade). Then senior list 1 of Baulderstone or Darcy Cameron, and rookie list the other with Conlon. Not sure if we keep Thurlow.
Would give us immediate ruck coverage and development potential. Conlon (if he's currently still healthy??) you take the rookie risk on for potential, he'd be more a Fwd (occasional ruck) prospect.

Sounds perfect.

the problem with Gorringe is that he'll probably cost us whatever we get for Paddy and i'm not sure hes worth it. two first rounders for Paddy and you could use one for gorringe, but if it ends up just pick 17 then we might get better value elsewhere. besides, i assume he wants to go to SA.

Fair chance it will be:
Ryder to Port for 17 and 37
then
Gorringe to EFC for pick 37

Other than the fact that those two picks isnt ideal for Ryder ( to say the least) , i dont mind the gorringe bit.
But your next post is what i fear will happen.

in your honest opinion, apart from kids we get in the national draft, what is the likelihood of us getting players through trading or free agency. This, keeping in mind that the players actually need to agree to come to the club.

in other words, if i pushed forward a piece of paper to you with "0" on it, how far off the mark would i be?

the problem with Gorringe is that he'll probably cost us whatever we get for Paddy and i'm not sure hes worth it. two first rounders for Paddy and you could use one for gorringe, but if it ends up just pick 17 then we might get better value elsewhere. besides, i assume he wants to go to SA.

Fair chance it will be:
then

Other than the fact that those two picks isnt ideal for Ryder ( to say the least) , i dont mind the gorringe bit.
But your next post is what i fear will happen.

Could we do it as a 3-way with Port giving something else to GC? An O'Shea/Newton/Moore type who would be about 30th in line at Port might well be best 18 at GC.

O'Shea in particular, with Hunt/Warnock/Bock/Brown/Tom Murphy all gone this year.

Ryder for Gorringe + 17 probably works out about right. Would hinge on Gorringe more than anything.

Sam Tagliabue maybe worth a look…

Give me a chair, some rope and a pair of pliers...I will get Paddy to change his mind!

I'll kidnap him for a hundred, reprogram for two hundred and kill him for 500.

I’m hearing about one of these ex basketball types. Genuine 7 footer that also barracks for essendon.

Come on down - Andrew the bogeyman BOGUT!

Make it happen

The Pakistani opening Bowler is 7’ 3" … He could be interesting as well ! Sheds would’ve been on him in a flash !

Fair chance it will be:
then

If that is all we get for Ryder i will be livid!

We should go after some of the 200cm, 180kg giants on the European Strongman tour lol

Adelaide delisted Sean McKernan and Angus Graham. 

Pretty convinced now they'll be after Sam Baulderstone. We want him, we get him in the ND now

Adelaide delisted Sean McKernan and Angus Graham.
Pretty convinced now they'll be after Sam Baulderstone. We want him, we get him in the ND now

They are heavily into Gorringe and Giles by the sound of it.
Brooksby is also on their radar if they dont land either

I have a completely left field suggestion - Jordan Roughhead. Originally a ruckman, he was moved into defense to fill a gap that the Bulldogs had as well as to develop his own body strength. Although promising early we can now say that this experiment failed. However, just watching a recent Bulldogs vs Saints game, I noticed how athletic and agile he is for a big man. I reckon he is ready to play in the position that best suits his skills. And his contested marking is better than many realise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJHnVngpLE

Would take a fair bit to get him out of the bulldogs Pev, probably their most important tall back behind an ageing Morris.

Agree he would be a great back up to Belly though…very mobile for a big bloke.

I have a completely left field suggestion - Jordan Roughhead. Originally a ruckman, he was moved into defense to fill a gap that the Bulldogs had as well as to develop his own body strength. Although promising early we can now say that this experiment failed. However, just watching a recent Bulldogs vs Saints game, I noticed how athletic and agile he is for a big man. I reckon he is ready to play in the position that best suits his skills. And his contested marking is better than many realise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgJHnVngpLE

They've got exactly one worthwhile tall under the age of about 28.
It'd be worth asking since I'm not convinced they realise big blokes are actually required but I'd be expecting a fairly curt, rude answer.

Darcy Cameron - get it done

Darcy Cameron - get it done

You spelt Baulderstone wrong

Would take a fair bit to get him out of the bulldogs Pev, probably their most important tall back behind an ageing Morris.
Agree he would be a great back up to Belly though....very mobile for a big bloke.

I agree but boy he must be frustrated playing in a position that just doesn't suit him. He would even make a much better forward than defender. Surely the pitch that we think you are being made to cover your teams bad recruiting flaws and in doing so you are playing the wrong role, a role which will suck away the enjoyment you have for the sport and will cast you as an underachiever. Who here thinks he wants another year or two being smashed up by the opposition's best forward?

Agree he would be a great back up to Belly though....very mobile for a big bloke.

I agree but boy he must be frustrated playing in a position that just doesn't suit him. He would even make a much better forward than defender. Surely the pitch that we think you are being made to cover your teams bad recruiting flaws and in doing so you are playing the wrong role, a role which will suck away the enjoyment you have for the sport and will cast you as an underachiever. Who here thinks he wants another year or two being smashed up by the opposition's best forward?

hmmm...Wasn't Carlisle told that also?