Red and Black Humour

Wasn’t sure where to put this (it just popped up on my Facebook feed)

Unpopular(?) opinion: America (and the world) would be a much nicer place to live had the Mayflower with all the Pilgrims sunk… together with their bigotry and twisted “christianity”.
Wanna proof? Australians are, on average, much more fun than Americans. Why? Because they got thieves and hookers as a starter kit sent from England with the Convict Fleet. America got Pilgrims and their bigotry, which shows even today…

7 Likes

Is that why the P&W’s were called the Mayblooms. Would make sense.

Pay that one. 100% correct!! But I’m sure I know someone who will say I’m wrong.:smiley:

1 Like

All of them

1 Like

“May(bloom)” was an alternative name for the hawthorn.

2 Likes

I never knew that the great cartoonist Robert Crumb was an Essendon fan…

8 Likes

Funny but true. Stalin had a lot of people erased, then had their images also erased.

1 Like

Hawthorns in Europe flower in Autumn, thus the Hawthorn FC was originally the Mayblooms.

Hawthorns flower in May in England, which is Spring over there. Many Pommy immigrants still called the Hawthorn the Maybloom here, even though May wasn’t Spring flowering season.

Ummm… you know that original song dates back to (I believe) 1929?

That’s right - it was the title song from a 1929 film musical by DeSylva, Brown and Henderson. It was used as the theme song for the variety program “Sunnyside Up” on Channel 7 in the late 1950s, which is where the writer of the lyrics to our Club theme song learnt the tune.

2 Likes

20 Likes

16 Likes

12 Likes

25 Likes

16 Likes

Buy some or else … you’ll be sleeping with the fishes.

7 Likes

14 Likes

17 Likes

17 Likes