Reminders you're getting old

Thanks. The relative is a step-aunt. The last time l saw her was at my mum’s funeral almost 17 years ago. I only found out she was still alive just before Christmas. At her age it became a priority to go visit her, before she passed away. It has been great to catch up with her kids, after so long. Their mother said to them that it was possible to live for too long, and she was tired. Her passing is a small mercy, as she had no quality of life, and was bed ridden. RIP Auntie Winnie.

4 Likes

Apropos of “living for too long” I recall that even the richest man in Australia came to that conclusion. It was said that Kerry Packer was quite sick. He said “I am checking out” and within a couple of days he was dead. Voluntary euthanasia? Not everybody has the money to buy the privilege.

1 Like

Bet he didn’t give that donated kidney back before he checked out.

When your “friends” tell you so in other threads

4 Likes

Welp, child #2 is 10 today. Both are out of single digits now and on the cusp of teenageness.

4 Likes

Remembering how you used to be able to go to the local milk bar with fifty cents and bring home a can of Coke, an ice-cream, a bag of Twisties and a big block of chocolate.

Can’t do that these days. Too many cameras.

25 Likes

I saw a thing where if Back to the Future got rebooted this year, Marty McFly would travel to 1993.

Yikes.

4 Likes

Good year to go back to though.

8 Likes

I’d do it right now.

3 Likes

Had to get glasses havent need to wear them glasses until now lols

1 Like

When l started primary school, lunch could be had for 2 bob/20 cents. A pie was 10 pence, a bottle of Tarax 9pence, and a cream bun or snot block/vanilla slice was 3 pence. We bought lunch on Monday, as there was no fresh bread to be had for sandwiches.

6 Likes

we were the same growing up. Lunch orders on Monday as there was no fresh bread. Pastie and a can of drink was 55 cents.

3 Likes

This is my vintage canteen list 1994.

12 Likes

Things that make me field old. Canteen lists from 1994 being considered vintage.

14 Likes

Love that price list.

You buy a cheese sandwich for 90c add ham for 20c that’s $1.10.

You buy a ham sandwich for $1.10 add cheese for 20c that’s $1.30.

11 Likes

You might be able to work out who #7 is next time :joy:

3 Likes

Need them for distance was able to read the scoreboard from the top deck and players didn’t look blured on the ground haha

Are you Grandpa Simpson?

1 Like

My 10 year old said to me yesterday watching the game “dad if you double my age and then double it again, you’re still one full Arlo (my 7 year old), older than me!

3 Likes

Nup. Got no kids.

1 Like