Return Fire in Dallas

It's a wonder this hasn't happened before.

Hmm, McDevitt was a cop wasn’t he?

Last days of the Roman empire over there in the US.

End of the Roman Republic maybe.

The empire hung on for quite some time.

End of the Roman Republic maybe.

The empire hung on for quite some time.

Then became First Order.

I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise

America is fkd
...........and nothing will change...........

Who knows, maybe thoughts and prayers will do the trick this time

America is fkd

Needs some Facebook likes too.

America is fkd

Needs some Facebook likes too.

I think they probably need some more guns…if only more people in the crowd had been armed, this would never had happened…would it?
It's a wonder this hasn't happened before.

Agree boot, just saying to the wife yesterday after seeing the second murder by the police this week that I’m shocked there hasn’t been reprisal attacks yet. Well, less than 24 hours…

Obviously don’t condone this sort of reprisal…but can understand why its come to this. If the US politicians want their police to be a faux military units, and the type of policing that comes with it…they must accept the pushback from the public. Enough’s enough.

America is fkd

Yep, fixes everything.

God works in mysterious ways…and ■■■■.

its only going to get worse now. Every cop will have itchy trigger fingers- plus they will want justice/revenge for their fallen officers.

Just a sad state of affairs

Dallas? No grassy knolls or book depositiories involved?

America is fkd

Unfortunately, they’ll have the same effect as every other time.

State of affairs is just getting worse and worse over there.

its only going to get worse now. Every cop will have itchy trigger fingers- plus they will want justice/revenge for their fallen officers.

Just a sad state of affairs

IMO that’s why they end up killing so many people there. They would be so fearful of whoever it is killing them, that they ■■■■ themselves and get in first. People are very quick to criticise police, but people need to be considerate of the climate their in.

Not enough toddlers. We need more toddlers on grassy knolls.
If this toddler deterrent was present and American babies were openly and blatantly seen to be packing their Smith and Wessons or Glocks inside of their nappys; this never would have happened.

People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year
By Christopher Ingraham October 14, 2015

…A little kid finds a gun, fires it, and hurts or kills himself or someone else. These cases rarely bubble up to the national level except when someone, like a parent, ends up dead.

But cases like this happen a lot more frequently than you might think. After spending a few hours sifting through news reports, I’ve found at least 43 instances this year of somebody being shot by a toddler 3 or younger. In 31 of those 43 cases, a toddler found a gun and shot himself or herself.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2015/10/toddlers-1.png&w=1484

I’ll take Manhattan in a garbage bag
With Latin written on it that says
“It’s hard to give a ■■■■ these days”

Manhattan’s sinking like a rock
Into the filthy Hudson what a shock
They wrote a book about it
They said it was like ancient Rome

• Lou Reed

Five officers dead.

All jokes aside, this is going to get seriously bad. The mood is going to border on insurrection on both sides of the fence.

Not a good environment in a country with more guns in circulation than people.

I wasn’t going to post, just came to read the comments, but I have been wanting to say this for a long time.

America the land of the brave and the home of the free. Right.

When those children (and the teachers trying to protect them) at Sandy Hook were shot and killed and NOTHING changed, I stopped caring.

I wasn't going to post, just came to read the comments, but I have been wanting to say this for a long time.

America the land of the brave and the home of the free. Right.

When those children (and the teachers trying to protect them) at Sandy Hook were shot and killed and NOTHING changed, I stopped caring.

I’m a bit like that. I just shrug and think, nothing I can do about it. When you have a majority of people wanting gun laws to change, and Congress refuses to do anything about it, something is seriously wrong with your democracy.

No.
One of the great empires tearing itself apart in front of your eyes.
Seeing the shining beacon reduced to a cautionary tale?
I care.
It’s like watching Superman inject himself with kryptonite and lie comatose in a crack house.