Review thread: Bears

Lazy absolute lazy tonight

If I was coach 5:00am start Monday morning at Tulla and bring the mouth guards

7 Likes

Melbourne City scored more goals than us. They scored 7. We scored 6.

4 Likes

Ha!

That was always a good one.

Or the coach would make you run laps immediately the game while everyone was packing up and going home.

1 Like

He played like ■■■■ but he is a meatball.

Whack.

Not much in the way of positive loss- I’ll try. Coaching for the future:

• Perkins spent almost the entire second half on the ball. The game was done, so we turned it into a teaching experience.

Playing ‘the kids’ will hurt. But I like that Rutten is leaning into it. If he doesn’t, he will be David Teague’d in a couple of years.

15 Likes

Best player concussed off the ball. Get’s the “accidental elbow” treatment on afl.com. Assume “duty of care” will be forgotten again.

3 Likes

Take them to St Kilda beach at 5 in the morning and get them to swim

1 Like

Felt like the team was hungover.

My turn tomorrow.

3 Likes

Heppell is a plodder now sadly. We are in a wierd spot with him atm. He can’t possibly be captain for 2-3 years more.

11 Likes

Very disappointed in players like Parish, McGrath (though some gave him votes), langford, Hep, Tippa, Smith thought they were all poor tonight and did little to help out their team-mates in defence.

And not to bag Rutten and the rest of the committee but with the storm coming, surely someone had the sense to maybe drop Harrison Jones and bring in another runner, kid was never ever going to do anything tonight. Though hopefully he learnt something

2 Likes

My 16 year old daughter walks into the lounge all excited with Bombers’ gear on and couldn’t believe how bad they played. Lasted until half time. It was a disgraceful performance and reminiscent of the Woosha era. So much for a new start. Losing is fine but very simple skill areas are not acceptable. Do Essendon players know you are allowed to shepherd?

1 Like

Games like tonight make me glad we lost close ones against the Hawks and Sydney.

Keep playing the kids, it’s still better for them than getting thrashed in the vfl.

2 Likes

I can understand it’s difficult to take a mark, but farrrk me, can we at least make a contest occasionally?

Does he ever not play like …

Completely expected. Perkins good. Reid unlucky to play in those conditions in his first game. You guys getting in a lather should know what was going to happen by now.

Suck ■■■■ Sydney btw.

7 Likes

No get them to pick up all the junkie nedles at the beach

It’s not because we suck, it’s because the younger generation don’t give a sht about football in general.

4 Likes

No Frosty my two girls love it but we suck.

1 Like

Hard to believe he’s still only 28…