Review thread: Bears

Positives - getting more games into the top three draft picks

Negatives getting more games into the rest of the ■■■■■■ team

3 Likes

Snelling cough cough

1 Like

Didn’t like Francis shaking the snakes hand before the opening bounce

2 Likes

Docherty, Rich, Johannisen… the list goes on.
As soon as there is a drop of rain the opposition just need to drop a spare back and they will get 30+ touches.
It’s like clockwork and yet the dumb farkers at our club just sit there like a stunned mullet

10 Likes

Whilst the result was not unexpected, it was a disappointing loss.

The disappointment for me was the lack of effort in covering Lion’s players all over the ground and the complete inability (apart from Hooker) for our forwards to play in front.

I’m just going to concentrate on what I saw as positives and the big one for me was the performance of Archie Perkins…he continued to present all night, he made repeat effort after repeat effort and I’m sure he would have picked up a few things from having to chase Neale around (kudos to the coaching staff for making that move.

Cox started well but seemed to drift out of the game the longer it went

Reid…poor bugger, the conditions certainly didn’t help him but he kept on trying.

Not much love for Harry Jones tonight…he just wasn’t a factor at all and it might be time for him to have a rest.

Of the senior players, I thought Hooker earned his money on a night not made for him and Langford kept at it all night.

That’s about it…on to Anzac Day now.

8 Likes

One good thing out of tonight is a great selection in the MSD.

2 Likes
  • It’s a tough ask to expect such a young team to acquit themselves in the wet, but that was below even the lowest expectations

• Parish, Langford, Smith, ie the guys you’d expect to step up in these conditions, were among our worst

• Hepp, mate, don’t know what’s happened to you but my god

• Mids kept kicking it to the wrong spots when attacking. I don’t know if this was a communication error or if the forwards weren’t in the right spots

• Our forwards were trash regardless. Allowed the ball to rebound far too easily, were far too meek in the contests

• Why is Kyle Langford?

• Judas had a career day. Just salt in the wounds at this point.

• Archie set up two of our six goals, among our best. That’s something to look forward to

8 Likes

Not overly unhappy, never expected a win.

Cox and Perkins did some nice things.

Really happy they put Perkins onto Neale in a tagging/learning role.

Reid went okay, obviously was out muscled and pushed out of the way a bit

The boys had a crack, just the skill and composure was not there

The one thing I noticed was how hard some of the players were on themselves when they made mistakes.

Two moments Reid and guelfi both made mistakes which led to goals and they were both gutted. Means that the players care.

13 Likes

Perkins was equal highest mark total for us tonight with 5 grabs. The young boys are showing the senior boys how it’s done.

1 Like

■■■■■■■ love Hooker.

Moves like a pyramid but tries his guts out every time for the jumper.

40 Likes

The Hook Chook is not cooked yet.

3 Likes

It feels like the players had PTSD from 2020 in playing on a wet night in QLD.

I don’t understand how other teams still waltz out of our forward line and go coast to coast. Happens every week. When we kick in we are always u der pressure. When they kicked in the Lions had a semi circle of three about 30 m out to approach the kicker and put some pressure on the kick. Can someone look at that please?

4 Likes

Disappointing loss because I expected a bit of fight.

Apart from Hooker though, our senior players were just terrible. SENIOR! Heppell was terrible. Smith probably the worst on ground. Stringer didn’t do much. Same with Walla.

Parish’s body language was off the whole time. You can’t pick and choose when you apply effort. Langford…I don’t know what else to say. Wright too soft as well for someone who was the KPF for a number of years. He wasn’t willing to take a shot.

Hind was very good. Perkins very good. Reid and Cox didn’t stop trying. Francis did okay too.

15 Likes

Im farkin gutted. I’m trying to get my son into the footy, but after 10 minutes he just would rather watch YouTube gamers all night cause we sux!!!

3 Likes

Why would you give him that role?

youtube gamers would have showed more physicality than us tonight

1 Like

Result was about right. Just gotta slug through these ones folks.

3 Likes

Yeah normally I tell him off, but night I just let him avoid the sh*t show

42 Likes