Review thread - beat the Hawks in round 1 of 2023

To be fair, we played the team on the bottom of the ladder as of tonight.

8 Likes

Wow. That was great.

But strap yourself in for a roller coaster of a season.

1 Like

Absolutely. This is why I am leading a petition for the 2023 AFL Season to be officially declared done tonight.

13 Likes

10 Likes

Rids, the quickest man on the ground. Wow

5 Likes

Irrelevant of the opposition, the team needed a good win to help buy into the game plan.

14 Likes

Massimo will be of value being in the team… instead of trying Langford in defence.

We need that Parish. Not the pointless possession Parish.

He cops flak for a reason because he is much better than the player who often turns up. I think Scott will do wonders for getting him to a higher level

Whole apartment block heard me yell TIIIIIIPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tokyo will never be the same.

28 Likes

Gold Coast has only beaten us twice since 2011

We play the same way we belt Gold Coast by 50 points

1 Like

I have to say I just loved seeing Sam Mitchell’s face as we kicked goal after goal. Absolute Gold!!! Shuve that in your arm Sammy.

6 Likes

Privileged to be in Melbourne for rounds 1 and 2.
The most noticeable thing today for me was our field kicking.
Passes hitting teammates in stride allowing flow and momentum. A few really well weighted passes between 2 hawks.
Apart from the obvious bests of parish, Merrett, perko etc, I was impressed with Langford, Durham, Mcgrath.
Very assured. Good running, kicking and decision making.

13 Likes

4.07am just got back from kittens. 1pm flight. nice

30 Likes

O MY

1 Like

They remind me a lot of us under Knights. Run and Gun with a really taxing game plan that can’t be sustained for 4 quarters. I really hope they double down on this style and it sets them back a decade.

4 Likes

How good was it.
All of it.

6 Likes

Yes, I thought McGrath looked like he had something to prove.
Definitely lifted his intensity.
A number of boys did.
Langers was a very astute deployment through the back half and he seemed very effective at finding targets at range. Our penetration from the back and cleanness with transition was like chalk and cheese compared to the Saints Paccy Game.

@darkknightpheonix what say you now ?

3 Likes

he looks soooooo much better being able to attack the back of a contest at pace rather than being in the contest trying to get out of it.

8 Likes

You only get to play as well as the opposition let you.

Exactly, we didn’t allow the Hawks to play well, and we won’t allow GC to either.

3 Likes